PDA

View Full Version : To pod or not to pod?

Res7
31-07-2008, 12:19 AM
OK, so I am building a custom tail unit and subframe for my 88 gpx.
Airboxes are big and ugly.
But this particular bike has a jaded history as far as jetting, pods, and general carbie fucktedness.
I bought it from a member as is and knew he had not got the bugs out yet.
But as i didn't actually do any of the carb work myself, I really have no idea where to start.
Is there anyone trustworthy in sydney to get my carbies running right for the first time since i have owned it?
If so please tell me who this person is as i would like to shake their hand and give them money.
I really want pods on it, and my hair is getting thinner by the fistfull.
I would also like to know of anyone who can help with rego of a modded bike.
I don't want a dodgy deal, just someone with a bit of nouse and an enthusiasts eye.
i'm not adverse to having to alter my mods.
But i would like some guidance in that direction.
Cheers guys.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/ResSeven/P7310003.jpg

P.S. Would that be you by any chance chopaweeza?

Res7
31-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Come on guys! Noone knows a good carbie guy?

Azrael
31-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry, wrong side of the country, fucken cool bike though, hope u get it sorted, that can looks great!

Gix11
31-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Res, you were looking for a reply between midnight and 8 in the morning?? Good luck!
Chopaweeza is on here. You know Wayne do you?
As for Carbies, apparently Harley is the guy to talk to in Sydney. Hooligan can put you onto him.

hooligan
31-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess that's my cue.
Harley is at RB racing , Taren Point Rd, Carringbah Ph 9524 3177. Had my gixxer runnung beautifully in a day.

Deano
31-07-2008, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Res7

Come on guys! Noone knows a good carbie guy?

do it yourself mate. i email marc at factroy pro in the states and told him what i had and what i wanted to do. a few emails went back and forth. he made up a carby kit to suit and it came with instructions and recommended settings. put that in the bike and it was perfect.

it isn't that hard really. and you will also learn alot as you go.

just make sure your carbs are in good nick first and give em a good clean out.

Res7
31-07-2008, 11:34 PM
I'd like to fix em myself Deano, but after some gratuitous failing in the past regarding carbs it is 1 area i am more than willing to pay to have done proper like.
Yeah Gix, i'm impatient. I'll apologize now for my many personality shortcommings.
Thanks Azrael, i can't take full credit for the can though. It was chopped by The Mad Postie before i buyded it from him.
I did however fetch it from the gutter and reatatch it more securely about 10 kliks from his place.
I also took care of the paint and the hoseclamps that are holding it together. It sounds prety horny when it isn't gargling and farting and generally not workin right. Rego may be an issue however.
And thanks Hooligan, I went to see Harley about a job you put me onto there. Thanks for that by the way.
I think he wanted to hire me but thats not how it woked out.
I'll contact him tomorrow hopefully and see how foolish i feel when i explain that even though i was trying to get an aprenticeship with him months ago, i still haven't managed to sort it.
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
I am a well. Pour in the knowledge.
Cheers.

Res7
31-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh, and no Gix, i don't know wayne in real life like.
I did contact him through here a while ago.
He will probably not remember me as i used the jedi mind trick on him.
And it was months ago.
He would be the go to guy for mod checking and general legal stuff though wouldn't he?
Wayne is also on my contact when not sleeping list.
If anyone can lengthen that list I would be chuffed.
Especially if there is anyone any closer to revesby. (the state of my rego is dubious at best, and it is running like a bag of poo.)

moog
01-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I'm with Deano, i alway's shyed away from jetting, cos i felt i hadn't got the "feel" for it, but I've spent some time lately tweeking mine and now it's going good. the secret is make big adjustments at first so you can tell what does what , then you can head in the right direction towards a fine tune, it's a useful skill to have and satisfying to conquor, do as he suggests and get some base settings, off his man in the US

Res7
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Ok, peer pressure wins again. What is his Email addy then.
I really hate working on carbies though.
I can't wait till we can upload info into our brains matrix style.

Deano
01-08-2008, 06:38 PM
not sure on his direct email i just used the 'contact us' button on the factory pro website.

he is also a member of this forum.

Res7
03-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks mate. Email sent, reply recieved.
t'was as easy as all that.
Cheers.