PDA

View Full Version : An interesting Web page

WarHound
29-07-2008, 08:34 AM
http://media01.couriermail.com.au//multimedia/2008/06/080619_traffic_accidents/traffic3.htm

WarHound
29-07-2008, 08:45 AM
July 13 10am ... Picture Motorbike..... details ... An elderly man died and his wife was seriously injured after their car and trailer rolled down an embankment near Rainbow Beach.

January 13 6:15 am Mitchell Roth, 11, of Gayndah was riding a trail bike between paddocks on his family’s farm when the bike and a utility collided on a public road. He suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital.

The first of these is wrong, the second of these is very sad but I am not sure it should be considered as part of motorcyclist road toll. I personally think that a motorcycilist counted on the road toll should be a licence holding rider. Its not really fair when some guy grabs a bike and takes it for a ride and dies with no licence and no training and is counted in with people who have done the training and hold a licence or in the case of the young boy who is clearly not in the same catagory as most riders. These inflated figures are what the politicians use to instill fear and justify the constant checks and rechecks on the roads. In my opinion thats where the changes need to begin .... not with the police who, like most of us .. are just doing what they are told.