PDA

View Full Version : custom tail unit issues.

Res7
28-07-2008, 11:54 AM
I am building a custom tail unit on my 88 kwaka gpx 600.
If you can recall what they look like you will understand why i felt i should do so. I am keeping the airbox as i have had no end of trouble trying to get it to run right after a failed attempt at pods and jetting. (before i purchased) This leaves almost no room for my battery. Fortunately the space is still almost large enough, so it is just annoying rather than hair rippingly frustrating.
Do any of you know if dry cell batteries can be run on thier sides?
And if so where to purchase said batteries. Or any other take on the situation would be much appreciated.

Sorry i have been away guys, the bike has been neglected for a couple o months.

latheboy
28-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey Res .. I've got a late model R1 battery in mine on its side ... I got this one because it was a good size for where i needed it, and the batery guy told me it'll be fine on it's side ... 3 years now and no issue's but ask when you buy one..

Gsxar
28-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Same , dry cell battery , mounted under tank on its side. Had it in for about 2 years no problems.
When I changed mine, I went down to the wreckers and checked out different dry cell batteries to see what would fit.
Come to think of it I brought it there - so 2 years for $40 bucks can't complain
:D[:p]

Res7
28-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks guys. Good to know it's as easy as all that.
Cheers.