PDA

View Full Version : Longer clutch and throttle cables..

sharky
22-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Got a result today...though it did mean a bit of sucking up to the spares man at Team Moto Kwak,Albion. [:p]
Found a KLR650 clutch cable will fit a ZZR600 with a slight mod to the mount on the the motor (had a spare so no worries if it went wrong). Its about 4" longer and has a more gentle 'bend' in the metal tube at the lever end, better suited to proper bars.
Also found a KLE500 throttle cable that has the same twist grip end and is,again, about 4" longer.
This means I can put the higher bars on which I reckon will make it more comfy and help her manouvre it around at walking pace (bit more leverage).
Also means 'er bloody car can stay outside whilst I'm doing it in 'her' side of MY garage :(

papa smurf
22-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Geez Russ, you're really starting to eat away at her ability to make excuses now.;)

sharky
22-07-2008, 07:38 PM
'kin right mate [}:)]

zx12argh
22-07-2008, 07:58 PM
You talk tough while she's in another country mate ;)

papa smurf
22-07-2008, 08:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

You talk tough while she's in another country mate ;)

Bwaaaaahahahahahaha, he sure does.:D

sharky
22-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm just being the loyal,loving husband and making her bike better for her [:X][:X]

So then the #*#@+ *&%$#@ *#@* will have no excuse not to ride it !!:(!!

sharky
24-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Another result.:D
The throttle cable fits like it was made for it.
Junked the 'throttle shut' cable...With the new one it snaps closed with avengance...New bars are much more comfy too....never did like the drag bars...
Lets just hope she likes it......Now off to <s>vacuum/dust/polish/</s> clear up all my shit from a week of batchelor life....[xx(]