PDA

View Full Version : Obscuring Number Plates

Cruisecontrol
20-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Why do people edit out their number plates when they post up a pic of their bike/car etc online?

They are meant to be visible at all times, so why is it not the case on the net?

Large
20-07-2008, 07:34 PM
So nigerian cuntwipes don't make up egay ads with the pics

EXBEN
20-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Ask Des....

-Dex-
20-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Exben's right. Any cuntbag with an RTA, Vicroads, DOT etc contact can find out where you live and where you park your bike if they have your plate.

Large
20-07-2008, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by -Dex-

Exben's right. Any cuntbag with an RTA, Vicroads, DOT etc contact can find out where you live and where you park your bike if they have your plate.

Or large insurance companies;)

Cruisecontrol
20-07-2008, 09:11 PM
How is it different to seeing it every day on the street?

Hillsy
20-07-2008, 09:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

How is it different to seeing it every day on the street?

On the internet people brag about how much $$$$ they've poured into their bike (no offence to anyone here)

Bear
20-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Can look at a pic at leasure and sus out the surroundings in the pic.

Azrael
21-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Not to mention making it a shitload easier for popo to identify members engaging in activities of dubious legality..

Razorback
21-07-2008, 09:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Not to mention making it a shitload easier for popo to identify members engaging in activities of dubious legality..

Is that like Gay Speak for hooning ?[}:)]

Azrael
21-07-2008, 12:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Razorback

"Is that like" 14 year old girl speak for an attempt at pisstaking?

Razorback
21-07-2008, 02:27 PM

quote:Originally posted by Razorback

"Is that like" 14 year old girl speak for an attempt at pisstaking?

I dont know let me ask the 14 year old girl I have tied up in my basement and Ill get back to you.

Weaselman
21-07-2008, 02:42 PM
so what did she say? And can i have one of her kidneys?

suxukifreak
21-07-2008, 02:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

Ask Des....

My old personalized plate has been cancelled after the 14 got stolen,
and selling up and moving house.

Azrael
21-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Ill take the liver then..

That sucks Des, I know how u feel, I got broken into years ago and i mustve disturbed them because they went out a side window and only with camera gear and money. The cops took one look at my edit suite and the all the bikes parked throughout the house and shed and told me to move immediately or theyd be back for the lot.. I moved the next day.. a lot of trouble to go to just to keep all the crap ive worked hard for safe, fucking thieving cunts, if i ever catch someone stealing someone elses shit im gonna break their head

scotty
21-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I keep an active alarm at my place. his name is morf he is a bull mastif cross and fairly agressive so if they get in i'd say there fairly fucked

Gsxar
21-07-2008, 04:51 PM
If somebody wants something bad enuff there is always a way.

My latest attempt at security came whilst mucking around with a reversing camera I had on the Gix, its now motion activated and connected to a dvd recorder/hard drive. Very easy to hide can’t tell its there, so they can steal what eva they want but will I will be looking for them.[}:)][}:)] Few more tricks set up but cant give them all away.

Razorback
21-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Interstingly I have never worried about showing my plates on the net until I got a personalised one... I think it mainly worried me because its so much easier for people to remember a personalised plate than some random collection of letters and numbers.

Azrael
21-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Gsxar, perhaps a security/tech talk thread is in order. I know a fair bit about helmet cams and security/spy cameras and im pretty sure everyone that frequents this place could profit from this kinda knowledge.. The most common misconception is that its expensive, which is far from the truth.. Anyone up for that?

suxukifreak
22-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Ive got 3 cameras where my bike was parked.
One hoodie makes them all useless.

renegade
22-07-2008, 08:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

yeah a few years ago a guy posted up somewhere the surveillance footage of some guy walking his brand new bike straight out the door of his apartment blocks garage.
unfortunately cameras aren't guns.[}:)]

zx12argh
22-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I want to chemset some big ares bolts into a cement pad and get some nitrided chains and bolt my girl down when she's done...
Only prob is I live in a rental and they dont take to kind to this kind of mod :(

Best insurance is a dog.

Not allowed one of those either. - I'm screwed.

KATO ZX7
22-07-2008, 01:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by renegade

quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

unfortunately cameras aren't guns.[}:)]
Now theres an idea ;)[}:)]:D

Weaselman
22-07-2008, 01:11 PM
best thing to do is keep it in your bedroom where is supposed to be

Razorback
22-07-2008, 01:20 PM
The bike or the guns ?

ralph
22-07-2008, 02:48 PM
just own a kawasaki- nobody will want to steal it

Weaselman
22-07-2008, 02:56 PM
both

Bear
22-07-2008, 07:19 PM
The camera idea will work if you place multiple cameras at good angles. Hoodies don't cover all the face at the right angle.
Unfortunately, most cameras are mounted up high and obvious.

One hidden at handlebar height right in front of your bike facing up slightly would be better, for example.

I agree, brickman. A security post wouldn't hurt, or would it? :)
I'd like to know how to rig for movement detection/switch on and hard drive recording.

rod185651
22-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Lucky me, my house mate owns the place and is a rider, so both our bikes are dead bolted to the slab every night. And Secondly I own a Kawasaki so honestly who would want to steal it eh Ralph? Because as "RALPH" Knows Kawasaki owners will hunt you down RIP out your eyes and SKULL FUCK YOU if you touch our bikes. Touch my bike Ralph ;) I dare you ;)

rod185651
22-07-2008, 08:20 PM
BTW I'm only fucking around.

StuNVA
22-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Motion sensor paintball gun, not lethal but would be fun to link with a camera and watch it unfold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzYdthtTuAE

or this is even better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBa5bQfTGc

Azrael
22-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Might look into gps locators, thatd be nice, would be worth every cent just to see the look on the thiefs face when ya turn up on their door with 200mph tape a tent peg and some piano wire..

rod185651
22-07-2008, 08:47 PM

Might look into gps locators, thatd be nice, would be worth every cent just to see the look on the thiefs face when ya turn up on their door with 200mph tape a tent peg and some piano wire..

I was always a fan of the pvc pipe and razor/barbed wire.

Azrael
22-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Household iron works a treat

Bear
22-07-2008, 09:33 PM
don't forget the brick.

Large
22-07-2008, 09:44 PM

Household iron works a treat

9 iron's not bad either

EXBEN
22-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I like the idea of some sort of big capactor device thingamajig that fires 50000 volts into <s>the seat</s> their balls.;)

rod185651
22-07-2008, 10:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

I like the idea of some sort of big capactor device thingamajig that fires 50000 volts into <s>the seat</s> their balls.;)

Would you call that a "Turbo Capactor"?

Gsxar
22-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Gsxar, perhaps a security/tech talk thread is in order. I know a fair bit about helmet cams and security/spy cameras and im pretty sure everyone that frequents this place could profit from this kinda knowledge.. The most common misconception is that its expensive, which is far from the truth.. Anyone up for that?

I'd be up for that. Maybe you could talk us all through a project? I like gadgets:D:D

Its already a given, that the bike comes inside a lot;) I live in Victoria I dont want her to get cold[:p]

My bikes my extra child and gets treated accordinly[:p] I would make it my mission in life to hunt down and harm anyone who touched any of them.
I'm still hacked over my leather jacket getting stolen, and will find it YET!;):D

Azrael
22-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Im planning on mouting three cams permenantly to the thou for those fun times when commuting, ill post up a how to thread when i do it.. Like bear said, I'd like to know how u hooked a motion detector which i assume would normally operate a light, to a hard drive recorder?

I like bens idea to, or a dyebomb in the dash that goes off when they hit a certain speed if you havent disarmed it haha