PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Plug - Chinese bikes

papa smurf
20-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I would like to give a REALLY big WELL DONE to a business that we used yesterday.
As some of you know we are putting a slider clutch in the drag bike therfore we now need something to tow it around with (STUFF pushing it).
Anyway, long story short after some looking around for a GOOD chinese quad because as we all know the Jap brands have priced themselves out of the market, we found a place called Icebear Motors at Browns Plains.
What a find this place turned out to be.
It is run by a couple of young Chinese dudes & i tell ya, you won't find more helpful & decent people anywhere.
The quality of their quads & 2 wheel dirtbikes is great (Mark are you reading this?)& the prices are unreal.
The 110cc quad that we got ended up costing us LESS then 25% of the Jap equivelant & having seen hundreds of the Jap ones when i worked in bike shops i can honestly say the quality of the one we bought is almost equal.
Needless to say we are VERY happy & gladly recomend these guys & their business.
You can find all their details at www.icebearmotors.com.au

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/rickeee/P7190916.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j294/rickeee/P7190920.jpg

Large
20-07-2008, 06:20 PM
That's cute.

You going to run it down the 1/4?

KATO ZX7
20-07-2008, 07:22 PM
No shame in plugging a good find.

I dont live in sunny QLD but its always handy to know of a few local goldminds when it comes to the motorbike industry :D

Weaselman
20-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I saw a fella actually towing a drag car with one of those 200cc ones.

I was impressed
Had another mate who bought one and as long as you go over em with the ol loctite they seem pretty damm tough

papa smurf
20-07-2008, 07:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

That's cute.

You going to run it down the 1/4?

HAHA, I don't think so mate.
Mind you i am trying to figure out how far i can go fightering it.;)

Yeah Weasel, they are pretty tough, a mate in Vic has one the same & his missus regularly tows 2 bikes at the same time with it.[8D] That's why i hunted to find this one.

336LJ
21-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm thinkin about gettin one of these for the folks to get around the farm on. cheap is good seeing as its only going to be used to get firewood or the mail or something.

Learnatic
22-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks Rick,I will be checking them out very soon,will let them know you sent me too.I will let you know how I got on.Cheers,talk to you soon.

papa smurf
26-07-2008, 04:22 PM
We have just got back from giving this thing a pretty good hiding & so far so good.
Only thing remotely like a problem was that it licked to stall if you got off the throttle real quick at slow speed.
A quick adjustment of the idle screw on the carby & all is good.
Haven't towed the dragabike with it yet but can't see that being a problem at all with the amount of grunt this thing has.:D:D