PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 1098S EBC brake pads needed urgently!!

Allison Appleby
18-07-2008, 07:54 PM
My friend Daniel needs help to get better brake pads here in OZ for the next round of the Aus Supers in Tassie. I can't get any response from the dealers in the UK and there are none available here. Can anyone track some down here or from os. He is a really great kid and he can ride like crazy. Please, if you can help, you will be a part of history - he has the talent to be world champ.

my number is 0407 598 953

We need:-

EBC BRAKE PADS
For: FRONT
Bike: 1098 S
Type: KEVLAR ORGANIC – NOT SINTERED

AND

Brake Radiator Plates for above

xox

Weaselman
18-07-2008, 08:09 PM
errm does anyone on here own a ducati?

EFE 1230
18-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Hope this helps http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__EBC-brake-pads-racing-race-Ducati-1098-1098s-BMW-HP2_W0QQitemZ320275689716QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ 20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem320275689716&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318

Allison Appleby
18-07-2008, 09:52 PM
thanks!

TurboKat
18-07-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs Allison but are you sure you want the organic (A.K.A. Green) compound?
Every time I've used the green pads at trackdays they've faded like mad & glazed the discs in a couple of laps - even on tracks that aren't really considered to be hard on brakes, 99% of racers use HH (full sintered) or even special Carbon/Ceramic compound pads to handle the big heat loads generated by the repeated hard applications in racing.
Tell us more about Daniel too, I'm always interested in <s>strapping young boys</s> up & coming gun racers ;)

Allison Appleby
18-07-2008, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs Allison but are you sure you want the organic (A.K.A. Green) compound?
Every time I've used the green pads at trackdays they've faded like mad & glazed the discs in a couple of laps - even on tracks that aren't really considered to be hard on brakes, 99% of racers use HH (full sintered) or even special Carbon/Ceramic compound pads to handle the big heat loads generated by the repeated hard applications in racing.
Tell us more about Daniel too, I'm always interested in <s>strapping young boys</s> up & coming gun racers ;)

yer a smart prick i think!

Allison Appleby
18-07-2008, 10:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

errm does anyone on here own a ducati?

only the ones with style!

Allison Appleby
18-07-2008, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

Hope this helps http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__EBC-brake-pads-racing-race-Ducati-1098-1098s-BMW-HP2_W0QQitemZ320275689716QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ 20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem320275689716&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318

thank you very much! good old ebay!

TurboKat
18-07-2008, 10:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Allison Appleby

yer a smart prick i think!

Errr... OK.
But I was being serious about the pads, can you please tell me why you are using organic compound brake pads in a race bike? My concern is that the poor kid is going to run out of brakes on the first lap.

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Ok, well the green pads helped him to win a championship on his 400 last year. If you really want to know about him, I am happy to tell you. He has a lot of respect on and off the track. I am a friend who just wants to help him.

Docktor
20-07-2008, 05:56 PM
That will teach ya for messin with a 13 year old swimwear designer TK......

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 06:20 PM
ok so i am new at the fuken forum shit!!!! you have all had time to sit and dribble on for some time! and I am not 13 I am 21!

gibbo
20-07-2008, 06:28 PM

ok so i am new at the fuken forum shit!!!! you have all had time to sit and dribble on for some time! and I am not 13 I am 21!

With a love of the exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 06:34 PM
it seems you are in love with yours self - you seem to think you are a bit funny too

Weaselman
20-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Aint going to make many friends here if you cant take a little teasing.

sharky
20-07-2008, 06:51 PM
quote:I am not 13 I am 21!

quote:User Name: Allison Appleby
Australia

Chill out gal....we're only trying to offer help and advise...
You came on here asking for our help and yet all ya doing is 'aving a go ????

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah well i am a bit choosy about my friends. i have heaps and maybe thats because i don't get my fun from giving them shit. i am sorry you think that i didn't take to the teasing. it would impress me more if you guys had something interesting to say. do you still wana be friends or do i shit you too much hehehahhaha

suxukifreak
20-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Forget the green pads mate,
sounds like you need cotton pads!!!!!! [:0]

Weaselman
20-07-2008, 07:12 PM
LOL

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 07:15 PM
This is crazy. I don't want to fight with people. I joined this forum cause my old friend, GIX11 told me you were a solid bunch and I needed help for Daniel but if you won't give me a break i will go. Many thanks to EFE 1230, i appreciate the ebay link.

Cruisecontrol
20-07-2008, 07:16 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/36789377675340.jpg

sharky
20-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Aw c'mon we ain't that bad....:(
But seriously..Tk asked a question as an experienced(although rather slow and prone to crashing racer) and you hung shit on him [?][?]
We all give each other loads on this site....the sukzuki's riders,the krapasaki's riders...hell even the yamahahaha riders get it (we won't even mention the **nda's)
But at the end of the day we're all mates and help out whenever/however we can.
So sit back, relax and join in...just don't go making it personal and getting irate 'bout it and you'll get on fine...

papa smurf
20-07-2008, 07:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Forget the green pads mate,
sounds like you need cotton pads!!!!!! [:0]

Des you fuckin crack me up.

Allison, if you actually bothered to read TK's post you'd see that he WAS actually trying to help with his REAL knowledge.

Now tell us a bit more about this kid if he is really that good.

EFE 1230
20-07-2008, 07:44 PM
She says she's 21, she "LIKES IT FAST" and she likes me so all the rest of you can just fuck off!!
So Allison is it to early in our relationship to ask you to post up some dir... erm revea...erm "tasteful" pics of yourself??

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 07:57 PM
But i am not irate!#@%?! I don't understand why you all can give me a tease but you can't take a bit of shit yourselves? I love a good tease - fuck, i am blonde, i am 49% disabled thanks to a bad bike v car incident (the fucker in the car caused it)and i drive a volvo - do you think I get much teasing? Seriously i am the biggest shit stirer on the planet so what is yer problem, bring it on!
By the way my car has 300 turbo charged bhp and 5 on the floor with 18" BBS wheels, is black and handles like a whore on heat. Not as much fun as 2 wheels but it's the best I can do these days.

Docktor
20-07-2008, 07:58 PM
I ate my red crayon miss!! . seriously I dont believe the altitude on these blokes. If they dont start gettin their shit together I am gunna tell my mum. And ya boy must ride goodly to jump on a duke from a 400 last season. I have taken the side stands off my bikes... it saves time droppin em. good Luck to him and welcome to the forum, if ya hang around that is......... :)

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh now i see you are all gunna try an flirt with me now you know i am a hot swimwear designer. Well i think it is best we talk about Daniel. Yes he is really good and that is not just my opinion. What makes it even better is that he is a really good kid and you just can't help liking him. Wherever I have gone to watch him ride, that is the feedback I get. I put this little wording together the other day cause I just don't know what else to do to give him the support he needs. I have given him a bit of money and bought him leathers and stuff - no smutty shit boys mmmmm, but he needs so much more.
This was a reply i did to a posting that GIX11 put up the other day....
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the positive words. Daniel would be a bit embarrassed as he is a really humble kid and that is one of the reasons that he gets so much respect both on and off the track. He has one of those stories that goes like this...
Started riding at the age of 6, a born natural, rides the shit out of everything (dirt and road)and takes out championships year after year... parents put everything they have into his sport till it crushes them...he finally gets the attention of a sponsor that can just afford to get him a 1098S with very little else - 'make do' tyres, no spares etc...so he steps off his Honda 400 (which he won everything he could on)and with no track time gets consistent 2nds in the 'Naked Bike/Pro Twins' category in the Aussie Supers 08. To cap it off, he is a crowd pleaser with no apparent mortal fear of 'late' braking!!!
Everything is a struggle.
No drinking and not much fun for an 18 year old - just total devotion to trying to get to the top of his beloved sport. He has a job fixing insulation in houses and starts out to work a 4am and by the time he has finished there and goes to the gym it is 6pm - 5 days a week.
Lets talk money - what job can a kid hold down when he has to piss off for a week every 4 weeks? I have tried to give him everything i can both financially and in general support but it is really hard. The thing is, this guy has the talent to do serious business at international level (not just my opinion) he just needs help. Do you have any ideas?

suxukifreak
20-07-2008, 08:14 PM
"Oh now i see you are all gunna try an flirt with me now you know i am a hot swimwear designer"

Would this be you??....[:X]
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/367893857291070.jpg

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 08:17 PM
only if you want it to be darling. will you put me under yer pillow tonight an play with yer doodle

Gsxar
20-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep I agree Alison your trying to do a great thing by helping him and Daniel should be encouraged.
Turbo was being his helpful self, worded in "his way";);) Read some off his posts to his friends n see what I mean. Why he even shares his knowledge with arhhhh! Suzuki riders. [:p]
So grab a bean bag and jump in it's a friendly place:D

gibbo
20-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Good to see you calmed down a bit there AA,personaly I haven't heard of Daniel but that may be because I don't have a life. Not sure what we can do to help, have helped out a few riders in the past but the small amount I could put in wouldn't help much. If the bloke is fair dinkum talented maybe the members of ASF could pitch in somehow?

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Gibbo, i like your way of thinking. There are so many ways of supporting him and I don't think they are all to do with money. It would blow his mind to think that he has a group that is watching him and supporting his efforts. Just watching the races last weekend, I noticed that after the Supers have finished the crowd really thins. It is a long day when there is a 6 hour wait between his events.

Docktor
20-07-2008, 08:54 PM

But i am not irate!#@%?! I don't understand why you all can give me a tease but you can't take a bit of shit yourselves? I love a good tease - fuck, i am blonde, i am 49% disabled thanks to a bad bike v car incident (the fucker in the car caused it)and i drive a volvo - do you think I get much teasing? Seriously i am the biggest shit stirer on the planet so what is yer problem, bring it on!
By the way my car has 300 turbo charged bhp and 5 on the floor with 18" BBS wheels, is black and handles like a whore on heat. Not as much fun as 2 wheels but it's the best I can do these days.

flirt.?? Christ No ! . i already have enuf troubles.(i think its my altitude)
Does being blonde and 49% disabled make you 99% disabled ?.
Much Teasing and volvo ? = yes
car has 300 HP . wot a shitter :)

Oooops did i say that all out loud.
herpaps I shouldnt smoke ? ? hey gibbo. got ya massage, and will do , and hey jo

Gsxar
20-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Careful Doc, Large will get jealous :D[:p]

Allison Appleby
20-07-2008, 09:18 PM
What's the problem with 'Large', won't he like it?
Fairly sure my shitter car would make you shit yer pants after a spin up Springbrook mountain with you grabin the fark bar and crying some...

Docktor
20-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I aint larges biatch. ?. Or is it my turn already ?
Are we going down or up springbrook mtn ?. Coz downhill makes me get butterlies in the tummy and I giggle a bit when that happens.so replace the fark bar with a giggly bar and I am in for sure long as I can return the favour in my shitter.?
And are ya talking bout Dan Wheeler?. Tops then, glad ya found him some pads.

gibbo
20-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I havn't seen your shitter AA but I've seen what goes in the engine bay of Doc's, looks [:p]

Docktor
20-07-2008, 09:55 PM
dude, i am about smashed ya know, I reckon I doubled my post count here tonight... :) Should be sleepin.have ya pipe heading ur way tomorrow shagger

Large
20-07-2008, 10:51 PM
How did I get involved in this faggotyness?

Fish
21-07-2008, 09:04 AM
So AA is that the dude who was backing the duc in at the end of the back straight at QR the other weekend in black leathers? If so the boy sure can ride. does he have a webpage or anything up that we can look at? post up some pics of him and his ride so we know who we're cheering for.

Matt
21-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Its good to see this has settled down a bit. Dont take offence from turbokat's questions at the start. There are a lot of guys on here with lots of knowledge. When they hear something that goes against what they do they are often curious to know if there is something they are missing.

Allison Appleby
21-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Gosh yer a funny bunch after all :D GIX11 was right.
Yep sounds like a few of you have seen my young friend Daniel Wheeler ride - good ain't it. He certainly did put some work in at QR but that is typical for him. Outstanding when you think of how many 'minutes' he has actually been on the 1098 fresh from a 400. He has had no track days really so no time to play with training wheels:( I would love to get him some sessions but it all comes down to money - or lack of it. He can't wring any more out of the engine as it is, so he would like to get his braking in as deep as he can - hence the urgency for better pads. I am now onto some EBC race pads and hoping they are the kit.
Straight up Bitchfish has my mind going. It's time to get a website up for him so I will get it sorted. Meanwhile I will try to get some pics and a little bio up here so you can put his baby face with the name.

Oh and Doc, I could make yer butterflies feel like chooks - whats your shitter?

papa smurf
21-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey AA, if money is really tight as you say check out zoomshare for your website idea.
It's FREE.
Check the link to mine in my signature for an idea of what you can do with it.

Docktor
21-07-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/57678251548007.jpg

far be it for me to repost my shitter on the forum..... again. again.
BUT...

Weaselman
21-07-2008, 08:48 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/576782587106480.JPG

mines shit too

Allison Appleby
22-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Mmmmm well where do I start.....Doc, you should be committed - and yes, 'Likes it fast's' butterflies could turn to pelicans. Does it go around corners though?
Weaselman - class act - that is a dream machine indeed. What is it? Nice to see you have some taste even if it is only in cars.
Hey Papa Smurf, thanks for the zoomshare idea - i like what you have done.

zx12argh
22-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Hey Alison not sure if you know but if you can get a volunteer to marshall for the track days that the Motorcycle Sportsman Association run they will usually give you a free track session. PM me if you want more info or I can put you in contact with the race secretary. My flat mate is her offsider so I can give her a kick in the bum if you want. ;)

Weaselman
22-07-2008, 12:32 PM
My taste will always be in my arse and its a 1948 buick special with and inline 8 cylinder.

Gix11
22-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Meet my mate Al everybody. I put up the post about brake pads in the advice needed section the other day. I only got back on the site today since Friday.

I guess we could do some kind of ASF sponsorship in the form of all chipping in a few bucks? I'm up for that. We could also give him a couple of decals for his bike if he was willing to put them on. Be good to have the ASF flag flying with such a promising rider. If anyone is interested in helping out let me know and I will start an ASF Paypal/donation fund to pass on to him.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

April 20th
Australian Superbike Championship at Mallala
Round 2

Nakedbike/Pro-Twin

Race 1: Craig McMartin (NSW) Ducati 9:36.292 1, Daniel Wheeler (Qld) Ducati 2, Adrian Pierpoint (Qld) Benelli 3, Neil Webster (Vic) Yamaha 4, Mick Johnston (NSW) Ducati 5. Fastest Lap: Craig McMartin 1:09.253.
Race 2: Craig McMartin (NSW) Ducati 9:33.813 1, Daniel Wheeler (Qld) Ducati 2, Mick Johnston (NSW) Ducati 3, Damian Sutton (NSW) Ducati 4, Adrian Pierpoint (Qld) Benelli 5. Fastest Lap: Craig McMartin 1:10.080.
Race 3: Craig McMartin (NSW) Ducati 7:03.423 1, Daniel Wheeler (Qld) Ducati 2, Mick Johnston (NSW) Ducati 3, Simon Chapman (SA) Ducati 4, Damian Sutton (NSW) Ducati 5. Fastest Lap: Craig McMartin 1:09.599.
Prog Points: Pro-Twin: C McMartin 150 D Wheeler 120 Mick Johnston 105. Nakedbike: N Webster 125 Beau McKenzie (Qld Yamaha) 106

MOTORCYCLING QLD
"The combined Pro Twins and Naked Bike races were again a Craig McMartin benefit, with Craig Trinder making 2nd place his for the meeting, although having to fight for it, the MV Augusta’s clutch still causing him start line dramas. Daniel Wheeler continues to improve on his new Ducati 1098 and whittled away at his lap times throughout the 3 days, now a couple of seconds quicker than his last outing at the track. With three 3rd places he’s quickest of all the Ducati’s other than McMartin. "

AMCN
Winton Superbikes results
Nakedbike / Pro Twin / Forgotten Era First Qualifying

Pos Name Class Machine Fastest On Lap Gap Behind
1 Kevin CURTAIN (NSW) NB MV Augusta Brutale 1:26.211
2 Craig McMARTIN (NSW) PT Ducati 1098 S 1:27.050
3 Daniel WHEELER (QLD) PT Ducati 1098 S 1:28.768
4 Damian SUTTON (NSW) PT Ducati 1098 S 1:29.644
5 Mick JOHNSTON (NSW) PT Ducati 1098 S

FORMULA EXTREME NEWS
http://www.aus-superbikes.com.au/xtremema.nsf/7a4c3b4956d795ddca256ad8001f8faf/87f351daee2ea8aeca25743400122d14!OpenDocument

There's heaps more if you do a search....

Matt
22-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Fark 2 seconds off the back of Curtain is bloody good! He beat me by a good 10 seconds a lap [V]

TurboKat
22-07-2008, 06:04 PM

I am now onto some EBC race pads and hoping they are the kit.

I don't think the EBC race pads will be the green compound Allison, the "race" designation would usually mean they are fully sintered (A.K.A. HH) compound.

Gix11
22-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm confused now, it's these ones right?: http://www.ebcbrakes.com.au/html/product_ranges.asp

Allison Appleby
22-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Yea this sounds fantastic guys! Wheelsy would be so stoked to have you guys backing him.
He is .4 off a lap record at QR and took out the fastest lap time in the NB/PT class last weekend.

Yep Turbokat you're right, I am onto the EBC in the UK now and they seem to be happy to help. We will try their HH's. We were just worried about the damage to the discs. I think they are vented so no need for a radiator shields. Do you know anything about this? EBC also have a new compound coming out soon too so that will be interesting.

Thanks zx12argh very much appreciated. Do you reckon MSA can get us any time at QR. Warwick is an old favourite but a bit small.

Allison Appleby
22-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Yep Gix11 you are on the right track. Did you get my message today? x

zx12argh
22-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Thanks zx12argh very much appreciated. Do you reckon MSA can get us any time at QR. Warwick is an old favourite but a bit small.

Sorry my mistake Allison. That was a one time offer last time they were at Warwick. Apparently they were desperate for flaggies that weekend. What they usually do is if you can bring a volunteer they will give you a spot at a practise session even if they have filled all their spots - not free tho unfortunately. I'll still ask my flatmate if they can do anything next time I see her tho.

Allison Appleby
22-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks zx12argh

latheboy
23-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Daniel Wheeler ???? Did he work in ringwood making disc's a few years ago .. If so he's a top kid ... I going to have to read all of this thread now..

Allison Appleby
24-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't think this is the same Daniel - maybe it goes with the name but it's nice to think there is another one out there!

Allison Appleby
24-07-2008, 08:06 PM
To the ASF crew, thank you for your interest in the riding career of Daniel Wheeler. This is a brief outline of his bike history but please note there is so much to tell - I have only picked out some highlights. Of course every year has it’s stories, sadly most stories are plagued with bad luck and no money but I won’t dwell on that.

Like many other accomplished riders, Daniel started out on the dirt. 1997 was his first year on the circuit and his talent started shining through when he won the Australian National Dirt Track Championship. He went on to take out both the NSW and the QLD State Titles in 1999 and in 2000 he was chosen for the State National Racing Team after placing 2nd in the Dirt Track Titles.

2001 saw an 11 year old Daniel co-holding the title of ‘King of the Mountain’ a race that takes both talent and stamina. Again that year he made the State Team.

2002 took a different course when after being hammered by bike problems and financial set-backs he has a chance to take the passenger seat in a Side Car and in typical Daniel style co-takes the National Title with 7 wins from 7 starts!

With all this experience behind him at the tender age of 13, he finally gets the chance to begin his career in Road Racing and immediately shows what he has to give by winning 3 from 3 in the 2003 Superbike Lites Australian Series on a 250. Just for fun – he grabs the number one ribbon in the Burn Out Competition at Gold Coast Bike Week – that should impress you nutters!

2004 was a time for him get in some experience with a Moriwaki GP 80 and consistently took 2nds against a team with unlimited funds until he finally breaks through in 2005 and with raw talent on his side grabs a club championship.

It all starts getting serious in 2006 when the 16 year old steps onto a Honda 400 for the first time and wins the Superbike Lites Club Championship in the 1st race of the 3rd round of a 5 round series! For this he becomes 7th in the MRRDA QLD round and ends up the highest QLD points scorer for the season.

Daniel made the racing season of 2007 ‘his’ by commanding 1st’s in the 400 class in the Sportsmens Club Series and the QLD State Championships. He has the trophies for 2nd in the MRRDA ‘C’ and ‘D’ grade for the QLD round and once again made QLD’s highest point scorer for the year. Just for fun, he grabbed a 1st in the Super Monos on his Yamaha XT660.

By then, people were starting to really watch this kid and realize that he has the talent to go far in the fine sport of motorcycle road racing. To this point, Daniel has never had any real sponsorship but for the odd drum of oil and maybe a few tyres. His entire career has been built on the finances and support given by his family and some close friends. The art of ‘make-do’ and ‘hold it together with a shoestring’ is a gift his father seems to excel at.

By sheer chance a school mate of the kid happened to have a father who has a bit of a fetish for things that go fast and offers Daniel a ride on a 1098S for the Nakedbike/Pro Twin class of the Aussie Superbike 2008 series. The funding would be very limited and the luxury of spares would be non existent! Just ‘bare bones’ stuff but at least a chance to see what the kid could do. Track time and training days would be just a distant dream. He is accepted as a ‘D’ grade rider and throws his leg over the big bike bypassing all of the intermediate classes. He heads off to distant tracks that he has never seen before let alone ridden on and plays with the big boys – most with many years of racing under their belts. In typical Daniel Wheeler form, he immediately puts the pressure on the old leaders – the likes of Curtain, Trinder and McMartin who immediately win his respect for being a new force, a young rider with a big future and a gentleman racer that is a delight to duke it out on the track with. Just looking at the Aus-Superbike web site and checking the lap times sends tingles up the spine - watching it live is awesome. Consistently Daniel takes 2nd’s in every race – 9 times - 8 times on tracks he has never even seen before. He does a 1.10 at Mallala and blows everyone’s minds. He is .4 of a second off a track record at QR and gets fastest lap at QR in the class.

I have only known Daniel since late 2006 and during that time he has never once complained about the set-backs he faces. He just simply is the kind of guy that will not ask for anything and gets on with the job. ‘Wheelsy’ is one of the most likeable young guys you could meet with a personality that is very well suited to the crazy game of racing. It just seems right that he gets every chance he needs to go forward in the sport. Many people believe that, given the chance, he could take a place amongst the other great Aussie riders that have taken on the world and done us proud.

If the ASF team were to get behind Daniel and give him their support in any way, he would be honored. This 18 year old boy sits in a shed at a strange track in a place he has never been before and waits for his chance to go and race an entertain us. He only knows his Dad and some of the other riders. There is usually about a 4-6 hour wait between his events and this is a time for some heavy thinking and lots of boredom. ASF members would be so welcome in his shed for a yarn and a few laughs to lighten his day. So please, feel welcome to say g’day to my old friend ‘Wheelsy’ next time you go trackside at the Aussie Supers.

News just come through today! QLD Roadrace Committee to recommend and endorse ‘wild card’ application for World Superbike round one at Phillip Island March 2009. Daniel is to be promoted to B grade following his efforts at QR.

Fish
25-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Good news. Got any pics to put up yet?

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 09:55 AM
mmmm yeah, i am still trying to figure out this forum thingy :) i might need some help!

motogp_nut
25-07-2008, 07:05 PM

mmmm yeah, i am still trying to figure out this forum thingy :) i might need some help!
Hi Allison,
Si posted some info on how to add images to posts (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562). You can also check the FAQs (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/faq.asp) for more help.

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 08:50 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130029274173548.jpg
I hope this works!

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130029274149122.jpg

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 08:54 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130029274155551.jpg

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 08:55 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130029274148522.jpg

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 08:56 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/130029274155312.jpg

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 09:00 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/13002927429391.jpg

Finally, the face behind the visor! This was taken about a year ago but he still looks the same. A real laracan and lots of fun.

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by motogp_nut

Hi Allison,
Si posted some info on how to add images to posts (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562). You can also check the FAQs (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/faq.asp) for more help.

Thanks darling girl, I think I have obviously got the hang of it now ;)

Allison Appleby
25-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank you to bike-photos.com I am putting through an order.

Tempest
28-07-2008, 12:07 AM
this kid is amazing to watch. it's such a shame there is no TV coverage of the latest rounds of the Aus SBK.
His riding is smooth and FAST, and he doesnt mind a wheelie or two!! I've also been travelling the circuit with the AUS-SBK's in a support class but always watch as much of the other racing as possible. it's so close and to see young guns like Wheelsy sticking it to seasoned pro's like McMartin its great.

Allison Appleby
29-07-2008, 12:41 PM
it is a shame there is no TV coverage especially when you think of all the random shit that is available on Fox.
Glad to see that Wheelsy has a few fans already! According to suxukifreak 11/7/08
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11340 - a nice pic of Wheelsy at work.

Iceman
02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/51988866344828.jpg

Shadowzone
27-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Allison, How'd he go with his Wildcard entry to Phillip Island?

I "May" (Def no promises here) be able to source a GC Based Sponsor for him
through a chap or two I used to work for (read make truckloads of cash) down there.
Naturally the Wildcard entry at the Island would be of massive assistance in the argument
but I will ask nonetheless for you...

Allison Appleby
28-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Thank you heaps. It looks like we have a 1098R booked. Just need heaps of other tricks to go with of course. Daniel would do any sponsor proud as he hs a fine young man. If they need any more info on him they can contact me - allison@aquadivaswimwear.com.au

Did you see that we have a web site under construction for him which will link to all his sponsors sites etc. WWW.DANIELWHEELER.COM.AU We intend to make it really entertaining which pretty much is what he is all about!

Hopefully we have a great result in Tassie this weekend. I am keen to see what happens with the EBC brakes.