PDA

View Full Version : Dispelling myths?

17-07-2008, 03:16 PM
To quote Mr McGraw in RAPID (Aug 08)" a factory naked bike is not a streetfighter;".

I hope for your sake Stu you mean - an unmodified naked bike is not a streetfighter - otherwise you may have an arguement on your hands!:D I would agree with you if that is what you meant however if the implication was that, due to the fact that a naked bike is already stripped therefore it cannot be classed as a streetfighter as it hasn't needed to be stripped, I would disagree. Although my slightly modded naked GSX1400 is by no means a show winning streetfighter I would argue that it still is a streetfighter due to the, although mostly cosmetic, mods that I have made to it.

I hope this is not taken as a rant, rather constructive arguement.

Ross_247
17-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm......

sharky
17-07-2008, 03:46 PM
quote:a [u]factory</u> naked bike is not a streetfighter
Key word there....once modded it is no longer factory.

17-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Good point. To be honest I had gleaned over the factory bit, not putting the emphasis on that rather the naked bike part of the statement.[:I]

DaveK5
17-07-2008, 06:34 PM
C'mon Frogger you haven't even started yet;):D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/814662284103069.JPG

Hillsy
17-07-2008, 09:34 PM
"A streetfighter is a superbike that is customized by removing the fairing, and making other changes that result in an overall more aggressive look. Made popular by European riders, this type of custom motorcycle is gaining popularity all over the world."

Straight from Wikipedia so it must be fact....;)

Don't blame me.....

Razorback
18-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah nor is it valid to crash your sports bike... peel off the shattered remains of your fairings and then come here and put up a pic of it claiming you own a streetfighter.

zx12argh
18-07-2008, 12:20 PM
This all harks back to the argument of at what stage does a bike become a streetfighter. I personally would argue that removal of fairings and adding a few bling bits does not a streetfighter make. To truely fall into that category you have to make performance modifications along with individualising it cosmetically - and this does not mean removing fairings. I'd call a blown busa with (fully faired) wild body work a fighter - as long as at first glance it doesn't look like a busa... and then I also would NOT call a show bike a fighter if it isn't ridden - hard. A true streetfighter is an amalgamation of performance, looks, and ridden attitude - anything else is just streetfighter themed.

This is of course just my 2 cents, I get the feeling a lot of people are going to disagree....
This actually excludes my own bike. ;)

Azrael
18-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Streetfighter..
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/102369758082381.jpg

Lucas
18-07-2008, 12:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

Streetfighter..
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/102369758082381.jpg

And doesn't he punch on!!! I've spent quite a bit of time ammused and mildly sickened watching him knock the complete living shit out of would be hero's.

Buggzz
18-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Time to get that heria fixed...

pappas
18-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I've seen this guy in a couple of backyard fighting video's! He is a fucking monster! Good brawler!

Azrael
18-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Kimbo Slice, hes a fuken animal, just found this,funny as fuck, rampage jackson doing a chuck liddel impersonation..pretty funny,fuck i hope chuck knocks this cunt out though
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=cM6Yv9a96j4

336LJ
20-07-2008, 10:31 PM
interesting topic, which is why I thought, I like fighters, but if I bought a street triple.. its not really a fighter cause I havnt touched anything. if that makes sense, I liked the naked look of it but its factory naked and I think streetfighters, no matter what the bike originally was, means something thats been molested to the likes of the owners personal taste?

that kimbo fucker is mental, I saw a vid where he got worked though. I think cause the guy cheated by holding him in headlocks till he got exhausted. needs to tuck his apendix back in though.

Bear
20-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I thought streetfighters derived from bikes made for the err.. streets
ie. not a tourer or open road sports bike but something easy to flick around with quick accelleration.

Cruisecontrol
21-07-2008, 05:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

I'd call a blown busa with (fully faired) wild body work a fighter -

Surely you jest.

There are modified sportsbikes and there are streetfighters.
A fully faired bike will never be a streetfighter.

zx12argh
21-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I do not jest - but I'm not talking about some blinged up busa with an extended swingarm that can't go round a corner. Something along the lines of the turbo zx9 ben did is what I mean.

I made the distinction that the body work can't be stock - where do you draw the line at how much plastic is allowed on a streetfighter? On the other hand how many times does some joker on egay put up a crashed gixer with no fairings and call it "custom" streetfighter.

Like I said is got to be a combination of handling, power, looks and attitude. The amount of plastic on the bike doesn't decide it in my opinion.

evilkarl
21-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I agree with zx12argh here.

The term Streetfighter to me means a just as the term sounds. A street bike ready to fight. Streetfighter is more about the bike and rider attitude, the bike should be aggressive and tuff, have readily available power at the twist of the handle and have real road presence. I don't thing it should be about the amount of plactic or lack of and certainly shouldn't be about a particular style. To me a streetfighters probably runs along the lines of a street tuff muscle bike with personal touches.