PDA

View Full Version : How to NEVER get hurt on a Motorcycle

WarHound
17-07-2008, 07:59 AM
I was reading the editorial of Australian Road rider last night which has some advice for Australian Motorcyclists from ARMCO (They are the company that makes roadside protecion like that lovely wire fencing they like to put along the edges of the highway). When asked about motorcylists loosing limbs when coming into contact with the fencing they have this gem of advise. . . . "Dont run into them"
So there you have it folks ... from the road safety experts ... I dont know why the govt bother sending out those glossy flyers .. Maybe it shoud have read more like ..
The safest way to ride your bike
1. Dont crash

All seems pretty simple really 8)

336LJ
17-07-2008, 11:32 AM
well it makes sense... good theory we can apply it to all kinds of things like.

dont drive (eliminates all chances of car accidents AND traffic infringments)
dont swim (cant drown, or be eaten by sharks)
dont stand up (cant fall down)
dont stop breathing (cant suffocate)

:P

foolproof!

fimpBIKES
17-07-2008, 11:57 AM
i still firmly believe that you are better off jumping over wire-rope barriers into oncoming traffic

Azrael
17-07-2008, 03:34 PM
I think if it came down to being cut in half, laying in a pool of blood trying to push my intestines back in dying a slow painfull death, or being turned into human coleslaw by an oncoming vehicle and dying intantly id go with the coleslaw, but thanks ARMCO for giving me the chance to choose my particular mode of expiration!

fimpBIKES
17-07-2008, 03:41 PM
i also wonder how long it will be before someone comes out with a hard-shelled style jacket that it more wire-rope resistant...

Fight_fan
17-07-2008, 04:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by WarHound

The safest way to ride your bike
1. Dont crash

All seems pretty simple really 8)

FAAARK! So thats what I'v been doin wrong all this time! U see this stuff simply wasnt covered in the L's course! [xx(]
Fuckin ARMCO wankers! :(

Oooh 666 posts! Creepy [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Jockney Rebel
17-07-2008, 06:44 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/81466229858941.jpg
this quote always comes to mind when i read about these wankers that think they can restrict us whether it be by legislation or imtimidation

pt
18-07-2008, 03:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

i also wonder how long it will be before someone comes out with a hard-shelled style jacket that it more wire-rope resistant...

unless it is a complete shell it would just cut you at the gaps...

oh well, life wasn't meant to be easy. give em hell

336LJ
20-07-2008, 10:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by pt
unless it is a complete shell it would just cut you at the gaps...

I think the only thing that would stop you being cut to shreads by wire is to do 10kmph down the highway, or buy one of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jYwQacBdGw

ninjaboy
23-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I wish i knew not to crash my bike before i crashed it, then i probably wouldn't have crashed.

WarHound
24-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Seems like you have got the message 8)

Shadowzone
27-08-2008, 10:07 PM
I tore half of an XR6 front end and sides off on those things I can tell you tey do stop cars from going into the oncoming traffic, but I'll do anything I can including diving inder the tri axle of a truck to avoid hitting one of them coming off a bike. Given what I saw from my Ute (It bent the styleside tray) no way will I chance hitting one. They are motorcyclist killers pure and simple. what needs to happen is EVERY rider who hits one and their families need to immediately ue both the Govt. and ARMCO Jointly and severally for damages even if you weren't physically injured the mental anguish of what could could have happened surely has you waking up in cold sweats at night because they acknowledged the dangers and failed to correct it they are liable...