PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my indicators

wackyrider
13-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I bought a set of LED indicators to replace the OEM ones I had (big ass ugly ones). Can't get them to work right.

already bought a new flasher can since my bike is an old one. Flasher can is good as the rear indicators blink without the front ones connected. Problem is the the new LED's on the front are extremely dim like this!!.

I have connected them directly to the battery are they're extremely bright. Also tried connecting them instead of the rear indicators to eliminate any probs in the front wiring. Same prob though.

Any ideas???

Might have to try and buy regular set in indy's

BANDITROD
13-07-2008, 03:39 PM
i have some led resistors here jules you can have i will send them out with headlight mate which should be here in the next few days the led resistors should fix your prob mate

wackyrider
13-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Nah mate. I already tried with the resistors, before i bought the flasher can.

Can't understand what's wrong. It's like the flasher can is restricting the ammount of power to the LED indy's. But without the new flasher can, they won't flash

pommie02
13-07-2008, 09:56 PM
led's dont draw hardly any current, you need resistors to make the relay work...also led's are polarity sensative.

Thruan
14-07-2008, 09:01 AM
pommie beat me too it.. try reversing the polarity.. i had mine backwards and they were really dim

StuNVA
14-07-2008, 05:34 PM
yep, polarity, done the exact same thing on me Buell