PDA

View Full Version : Methanol injection

pommie02
10-07-2008, 09:01 AM
in my bid to fit a turbo, i have come across a few problems.
one being to location of a intercooler.
i can only fit a small intercooler or get a water cooled intercooler.
i have spotted a methanol injection system...has anyone used one or know if this will work

latheboy
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
It does work and they work well until you run out of methanol... then you have problems, you would be better off with just wate injection because you can file it up anywhere when you run out

chopiesel
10-07-2008, 08:43 PM
i had a Gemini with a t04 and side draft Webber, i used 1/2 methanol and 1/2 water in a window washer bottle, i had it wired through a pressure switch that would fire it at anything over 10 psi and used a garden sprinkler fitting with a tap to meter the flow and to inject it down the guts of the Webber.....worked like a charm an was super cheap too!!! i ran 25psi with no detonation.

ozkat
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Pommie, from my (limited) experience with turbo bikes ive come to the conclusion on a few things. Decompress and deburr and ceramic coat your pistons. I have no idea how strong the rods and botom end in the FZRs are, but i suppose your about to find out. As for water/alcohol injection i wouldnt bother with it until you get close to 10psi. And belive me 10psi on a 1000cc streetbike is fuckin nuts. Keep it simple to start with, you can always ad an intercooler or water/meth injection later. If your going to the story bridge show ill catch up with you there.