PDA

View Full Version : Been wrapped up.

Lucas
05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I was scooting along a h'way yesterday sitting on about $1.30, pretty clost to the car in front of me. A sheet of paper came flying up over the top of the car. I saw it, realised what it was but didn't have time to move but it was just to the left of me, hit my shoulder as it went by.

It has me thinking, it could have been pretty messy had it wrapped up my bonce.

Has anyone been wrapped up while riding and what was the outcome??

BANDITROD
05-07-2008, 10:23 AM
i have had mud that thick i couldnt see and its not much fun that was on thew chook chaser though

chopaweeza
05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Bubble wrap off a courier ute at 60 on Victoria St , Wetherill park just before the Newton road round about. Went over the bars of the Harley I had at the time and blinded me . Only got it half off halfway through the round about and by some fluke I didn't hit it or a car as it was arvo peak hour. Recognised the courier and 2 days later when he came to work for a drop off tore him a new arsehole . Fucker just didn't give a shit . So as my work requires that I report any accidents or near misses when travelling to/from thats what I did . The site manager called his boss , cancelled their contract with us and got the bloke fired as a result. The bloke admitted to me that he see it happen but didn't stop because he'd get in trouble and he didn't want the cops to book him. Pig Fucker.

Tempest
05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
had an esky lid bounce off my helmet on the m4. Needed a change of pants after that one!

WATEVR
05-07-2008, 11:44 PM
got hit by a rock from an over pass, it hurt!!!

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2008, 12:32 AM
the ohter sunday when we went down to maroubra i got hit by a falling tree branch right in thr kisser if id been wearing an open face lid id be in hospital now

Tony Nitrous
06-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Not wrapped up...

but...

Try a plastic bag around your exhaust down pipes.
Not double skinned factory, single wall aftermarket chrome 4-into-1.
F@ck!n B@5T@rd to get off !!!

scotty mac
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
had a plastic bag wrap around me lid on the ipswich motorway at inala, no dramas no traffic at the time. pigeon bounce of my shoulder in durack(80km/h). a few months ago nailed a duck doin about 80-100 on a corner.

Razorback
06-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Mate of mine who was big on open face helmets was out riding his SD900 duke many many moons ago. Says he was doing about 120 when he was hit in the face by a betle of some sort and sustained a fractured cheek bone... just another argument (if any was needed) for FF helmets [B)]

houdini
07-07-2008, 06:17 AM
i hit a bat at around 3am on a country road it's wing got stuck on my visor nearly wrote off my cb400 and my boxers

uncle pervy
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
had a plastic bucket stuck on my front wheel on the kwinana fwy. most interesting experience having your front wheel turn into a skid-plate. thought i was gone till the bucket wore away, the wheel got traction and re-started turning then a big bang as the fucket hit the fork legs and disintergrated

Gix11
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Birds smacking me in the helmet (the feathered kind), running over a hare, mulitple rocks to the head and a queen size doonah wrapped around my body and helmet. The last one was from being a bell end and being very young. Enough said.

Azrael
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Been knocked the 426 by a roo hitting me in the shoulder and head, stopped me in my tracks on a winding single lane enduro loop in second gear flat out. felt like someone though a bag of cement at me, cunt of a thing was up and gone well before i stopped wheezing and gasping, no injuries just winded badly. Also hit a whole family of emus @ 120-130 on my xr600 on an old haul road, managed to ride it out without crashing, feathers exploded fucking everywhere, that is without exception the most ive ever shit myself on a bike ever!

Gsxar
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Guess I have been lucky, had a few thing hit me but stayed on:

Car & bike trailer in front of me doing 140, trailer got a blow out and I got hit in the shoulder by a piece of rubber,ouch!!

A cocky decided to fly into the side of me,

Pissed as guy decided to jump on the back of me with no helmet on, middle of melbourne. No idea who he was n he couldnt sit up straight:p and wouldnt get off. That was scary as, got rid of him as fast as I could. Didnt help I had to jump to the side of the bike to touch the ground.

Funniest
Had a guy in a car try and give me a teddy bear whilst traveling along but he ended up road kill, the bear not the guy....... Shame the bear WAS cute [:p]

scotty
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Leeroy from Bike Craft got hit by a rock from a 525 in the bush , he back fliped of the back out cold only to come to to find his helmut had busted open and hlaf his nose was ripped off(that why hes now so good looking)

Razorback
07-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Oooh that reminds me... I had a huge eagle try and Kamikaze me on the Stuart Highway outside Darwin. Doing about 120 (the usual) on the GSXR1000 and this thing did everything it possibly could to attach itself to my face... I ducked at the last second and I swear it left feathers.... stupid birds!

DaveK5
07-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I was riding behind a bloke on a Harley on a popular little back road south of Townsville, I was on my XL600 at the time playing follow the leader. Here we are crankin along and we ride straight into a swarm of bees (a lot of the veggie farms have bee hives) ol mate out front with a T shirt, vest and open face helmet gets a face and beard full of angry bees and he heads bush fuckin arms waving in the air...it was like something out of a movie...how he didn't drop it I'll never know...and me wearing a jacket and full face helmet get splattered in yellow bee guts n shit...couldn't see jack.
Pissed meself laughing watching ol mate dancin around clawing at his beard trying to get them out..thank christ he wasn't allergic to the little bastards he got some nasty bites.

ralph
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
swarm of bees in wA. Splattered all over 7 stings later I was on my way.

oldskool
08-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Following a cattle truck just one arse stickin out the rails............ very BROWN day indeed.

StuNVA
09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
I read this thread on Saturday and remembered all the bugs and shit I've hit, nothing worthy of a mention. Went for a squirt on Sunday and smashed a bloody Indian Miner bird at 160ish, felt the thud and it stung but lukily my shoulder armour took the brunt, last thing I saw was a wing in my visor then thud, feathers and shit everywhere in the review mirror but nothing on my jacket luckily.

morrigan
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Mate of mine hit a duck at Eastern Creek... on the track!

Tempest
16-07-2008, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by morrigan

Mate of mine hit a duck at Eastern Creek... on the track!

sitting on the grid at last weekends ASC in QLD all 30 odd of us (racers) watched rabbits run across the track in front of us seconds before the lights went out. Would hate to think what would have happened if they decided to do it when we were on the way down the straight!!