PDA

View Full Version : End of line for sub-zeromotorcyclemag

sub-zero-pj
05-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Hi all,

We have finally reached the end of the line on the magazine. We have published the mag since December 2007 and have had great feedback from you guys, but unfortunately we have been unable to attract enough readers to interest the advertisers which we so desperately need.

I know we have not really marketed the mag properly, but thats what happens when you try to start something up on a shoe string budget. The site is now due for the next years hosting charges and we are just not financially viable, so unfortunately the August issue will be the last issue and we will be pulling out all the stops to make it a great one. Out with a bang. lol

It has been a pleasure writing the mag and all the nagging of my wife for the long hours have still been worth while. If anyone would like to try running the mag themselves I am sure for a small fee we could sell you the domain. lol If anyone out there wants a part time feature writer, I will be available.

Take care all and thanks for your support. If we could just get 20,000 hit in the first week of August, everything would be fine, but I fear that won't be happening. lol

Bye all.

zx12argh
05-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Does repeated hits from the same IP count mate? I'll load it a thousand times if it does...
Sorry to hear - I frequent the site and it'll be a shame to see it go. :(

sub-zero-pj
05-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Yes repeated hits do count but too be honest that would only help short term. If the advertisers are to spend money with us they need genuine hits to be able to make money from their advertising, and if they don't make money, then they won't advertise again. Nice thought though buddy and thanks for your support.

The only way we could possibly consider keeping the mag live would be to generate large numbers of genuine hits. As we don't have the money for expensive campaigns, we can't do it.

It really has been great doing the mag though and I am proud of what we have achieved.

Thanks again guys.

BANDITROD
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
sorry to hear that phil cos i visit your site abit aswell mate

Learnatic
05-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Thats bad news.Well done on what you have achieved so far.I hope it works out for you.If not all the best for the future.ThanksMark.

-Dex-
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah I was a regular reader too. Sorry to hear its going and congrats on the site. It was great while it lasted.

uncle pervy
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
bummer dude. was a good thing i thought

Fight_fan
07-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Thats a real shame PJ! It was a gr8 idea & n even better read! U'l be missed buddy! Make sure u stick around here tho mate!