PDA

View Full Version : got me a project bike, now the build has started

alfiestorm
22-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Got one now from ebay item number is this 320263832347 if you want to have a look.
I have the rest of the parts already except for a front wheel, tank and engine probably go for a bandit 12 engine if I'm cant get a decent slingshot 11 engine when I ready to get one.

The project is on. wont be a fast build as I am saving to buy a house next year .
Progress will be posted as it happens.

Will have it up as a near complete rolling chassis by next weekend.

alf :D

EFE 1230
22-06-2008, 08:48 PM
That's good news mate! He actually sold it for 53 quid??? Would have been a real cunt act if he changed his mind eh? you know, like if you scored a set of calipers for 12 quid and the seller told you to fuck off because their worth more yeah you'd have to be a real cunt to pull shit like that eh Stu???? Nice score.

alfiestorm
22-06-2008, 09:37 PM
:D:D:D:D hows the rest of your build coming along mate,that arm should be with you any day now

EFE 1230
22-06-2008, 11:08 PM
The Z's coming along slowly, finished the wheels (straightened/soda blasted/polished edges/drum backing plate/cush drive) all the f/end bits have been polished (sliders/calipers/m cyl/top clamp/bottom chromed), new fork tubes, cool Z bars. Sending the discs off to be faced this week and tracking down all the bits to rebuild the brakes. Got a box of bits (engine mounts/lots of bolts) for the chrome plater's as well.Waiting on the arm to see if it suits the look I want(pimped 70's style)might still go for a chromed stockie.

alfiestorm
01-07-2008, 01:16 AM
The bottom sub frame rail is going to be cut and formed to meet the top rail under the seat by the duc tail and the excess on the top rail cut off and brackets welded on for the light.
An alloy under tray is being fabricated to tidy up the rear
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/8302566970003.JPG

One of my mates is making up a couple of spacers in stainless for the dog bones
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/8302566959006.JPG

Just waiting for the front wheel and tank to turn up to complete the dry build and fit the seat and re-trim it so it fits around the tank and iron out any glitches then it’s strip and rebuild the chassis painting and polishing then search for a decent 1100 slingshot or bandit 12 engine and carbs but that will be a while yet as I ain’t rushing it as the wallet wont allow a rapid build.

It's an 1100 slingshot with a slingshot 750 swingarm and 750 forks

Taking my time with this and things are going quite well with it

EFE 1230
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
That was quick Stu!! Is that sunshine ?? You keeping the sexy red paint on the wheel?? I reckon it needs a TURBO for the straightliners meetings you can go to now your back in Blighty.

alfiestorm
01-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Yep that is sun shine and there has been a lot of it which is good temps have been mid to high twenty's on the south coast which is where I am no where as hot as it gets in oz but nice for bikes.
As it happens the red is staying as for the turbo well it would be nice but the wallet wont allow it :( I will gas flow the head and add a dynojet stage three kit just to liven it up a bit, when I get an engine and carbs that is.

alfiestorm
18-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Picked up this for the project bi9ke from evilbay 66 pounds delivered.
in aussie dollars thats about 142

A bit of a bargain

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/101693047629253.jpg