PDA

View Full Version : Lowering

Jerry
21-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi,

Im building a Suzuki Bandit 400 streetfighter...ive got a fireblade front end to use and a rear fireblade wheel to use but would like to lower the bike down. Can anyone give me some tips/advice on how to lower a bike.

Regards Jerry

chopaweeza
22-06-2008, 07:36 AM
For the front run the forks up through the yolks abit. For the rear make new linkages that have more length to them . Or , drop the spacer in the fork tops to a smaller size . I made a set of custom linkages(thats for the kick Si)to lower my monoshocked Santee GSXR myself in a few hours at a cost of about 35 quid(thats $75 for the Tie rod ends & $10 for the tubing). Most bearing suppliers sell Tie Rod Ends . Get these , either make or get made a center rod for them to thread into that makes up the right length you want & there you have it. If the linkages are flat type then make new one's out of a "10" series steel like 1075 and have them heat treated to 45 rockwell at an place that does saw blades . I suggest a 10 series because it's common & cheaper and it's the type they use in the Saw Blade Industry . If you can use a grinder & a drill you can make flat linkages that way easily.

Jerry
22-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi Wayne

Thanks for getting in touch, i will start work on lowering my bike now.