PDA

View Full Version : Its not hard

ozkat
19-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Do you reckon people should actually have a think about buying stuff from overseas instead of seeing it, wanting it, buying it, and then realizing they fucked up? Had a couple this week, one didnt get a postage quote before buying and another buying a helmet that isnt legal here. Fucken hell, its not rocket science.

morrigan
19-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Have to agree there. Particularly with a helmet. Uness you've tried on the same model in the same size, how do you know it'll fit? and it seems to me that's kind of important. What if it's the wrong size? how much is it going to cost you to send it back? Can you???
I guess the thing is to have a brain to protect in the first place!

zx12argh
19-06-2008, 09:14 PM
All the stuff I'm getting from the states I'm emailing and double checking everything that they supply for the cost - I've already got quotes on postage and I'm not ready to buy. I dont like surprises. I feel like a dick asking dumb simple questions but by getting it all in writing first I'm covering my ass and takes any ambiguity out of the transaction.

19-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I like it when you arc up mate,its been a while.

WATEVR
19-06-2008, 09:26 PM
yes people in general are idoits, they are everywhere at work the shops AARRGGHH!!!!! but the buying helmets over the net is abit bizare in my opinion, unless you have been able to try one the same on prior.

Weaselman
19-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Shall we instigate beatings?

Lucas
19-06-2008, 10:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

Shall we instigate beatings?

Only if they are wearing Aus compliance helmets, wouldn't want to cause uninsurable head injuries;)

Weaselman
19-06-2008, 10:19 PM
aww shit im fucked then

Jockney Rebel
20-06-2008, 12:17 AM
i bought my missus lid off the internet ...but we tried on a same model/ make one in a bike shop first before i bid on it and guess what no problem s and i saved about 50 bucks .the only grief ive had is the after market visors fit it a bit shit

Zed14
20-06-2008, 06:24 AM
c'mon girls it's only money. i've had no problems buying overseas. i have more drama buying from aust! still waiting for a sprocket i ordered in march. how long does it take to file down a bit of alloy?

fimpBIKES
20-06-2008, 01:48 PM
o/s is fine

if i buy something the wrong size (like gloves or whatever) then i just sell it on aussie ebay and dont generally loose anything

hell, sometimes i even buy two of whatever i want then offload the one that fits worst and cover the shipping

lately though the A*'s and SHIFT gear hasnt been that exxy from the aussie shops anyways

ps- Rexie, you get that email???

Fight_fan
20-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Ive bought a shit load of parts o/s & never had any issues hey! Even got some carbon fibre for the ZED a while back from Deutchland, I got it cheap fast & the quality was fantastic! More to the point tho I always get all the info on postage etc. b4 making the final call!

Lucas
20-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I was looking at a top yoke w clamps etc on the NL (Dutch) Egay, 24 euro but I don't shpkenen de lingo so I had no fucking idea on international postage costs.

pappas
21-06-2008, 06:10 PM
ozkat, I'm assuming your talking about my postage dillema with the exhaust. No it's not rocket science! But in my case I emailed the seller three times regarding postage on the item. The exhaust was very cheap so I bought it without a postage quote, assuming that the seller would be somewhat sensible in his postage costs. So If i've fucked up by assuming that someone on ebay with a rating clost to 100% might do the right thing by me, then shoot me! But if not maybe you should know the full details before shooting your mouth off!

suxukifreak
21-06-2008, 06:28 PM
OOH OH, here we go. [:0] ;)

21-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Seriously I wouldn't but a helmet I couldn't check out before taking home....How much is your head worth ?

Other bits and bobs ok I guess but ya just gotta be careful.

ozkat
21-06-2008, 08:11 PM
You email the seller 3 times about postage costs and no reply, but you still enter a legal contract to buy at whatever the postage costs are? Your kidding ..... arnt you? If you went to Harvey Norman to buy something ... lets say a fan heater, normally around $25 at a rough estimate,but the price tag is missing and you asked 3 times what the price is and they didnt answer you but wanted to swipe your EFTPOS card anyway would you let them? I wouldnt but maybe you would. If i was the seller id be laughing all the way to the bank. If you think because your in Australia and he is in the USA so he will let it slide and relist your sadly mistaken. As for "shooting my mouth off" i was merely trying to warn any other morons that may view this website about the problems encountered when you FUCK UP!

Thank you for taking an interest in my post i hope i have helped you in some small way. Always remember someone loves you, im fucked if i know who.

papa smurf
22-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't worry about Oz, he had a bad day.:D

pappas
23-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Like I said OZ I bought on the assumption that the seller would do the right thing by me! He obviously hasn't! I have now contacted ebay regarding the matter and they have stated that I have a case due to the ridiculous postage costs. The seller has agreed to cancel the transaction and relist! So i guess that makes everything you have said above wrong!

So maybe next time you want to warn people of what not to do, warn them without putting shit on other members! It's not what people including me joined this site for and it's just not called for!

That's all I've got to say, as I don't really want this to go on forever. You've made your point and tried to make fellow members look like dickheads! Hope you've achieved what you set out when you posted this!

BANDITROD
23-06-2008, 06:17 PM
righto you lot time to let it go you both make valid points so lets just agree to disagree and get on with life :Dor i will tickle you both with my stick

Cruisecontrol
23-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Hardly thread-worthy.

People do dumb shit every day. They get laughed at and life goes on...

sharky
23-06-2008, 07:25 PM
quote:People do dumb shit every day. They get laughed at and life goes on...

Honda led the road bike market with 10,014 sales from Harley Davidson with 7134, which relegated Suzuki to third with 7080.

( http://www.fcai.com.au/media/2008/01/00000153.html )

Too true.....;)

ozkat
23-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Pappas try here, http://www.bikebandit.com Shipping will be around $45.00 and you will get it within a week delivered by FEDEX. Extremely good blokes to deal with.

pappas
24-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks OZ I'll check it out.