PDA

View Full Version : the end of an era

Deano
12-06-2008, 08:11 PM
the bike that started it all for me left on a truck today destined for a new home in Fight Fan's shed in NSW.

A lot of time and money were invested in this bike over the years. it reminds me of the hammer that has had 4 new handles and 3 new heads.

i originally brought a crashed '94 750 and steetfightered that. since then the r1 tail went on, the 1100 was fitted, the bike scored a 92 750 frame and swinger, k4 front end and billet triples, gsxr1000 gauges.

and the only thing left from the original bike is part of the wiring loom the back wheel and fuel tank.

so i shed a tear today watching it get loaded on the truck and hope it gives Lance as many <s>headaches</s>good times as it did me.

but with every door that closes another opens and with the cash from the sale i will be purchasing the goodies to finish the turbo bike so fingers crossed you should see the debut of a 200hp fuel injected turbo charged intercooled fire breathing beast later this year.

she is a good bike Lance look after her for me

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/105839908966854.JPG

sharky
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Sniff...almost brought a tear to my eye.....[:o)]

zx12argh
12-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Now you've gone and made me all sad... You'd better get shots of this 200hp beastie to cheer me up now!

Iceman
12-06-2008, 09:50 PM
I was surprised to read of the sale the other day, especially coz we had spoken the day before and you hadn't mentioned it. I understand the emotional attachment one can form with a long term project and the difficulties in letting one go. But just like girls, there is always a better ride around the corner. After seeing the amazing job you did with this one, I can't wait to see the next.

kevkatana
12-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow[:0] Like Clint said, I read about it in another post but I didn't believe it. At least you'll have a oil burner next;)

kevkatana
Wow[:0] Like Clint said, I read about it in another post but I didn't believe it. At least you'll have a oil burner next;)

kevkatana

12-06-2008, 10:28 PM
good to see you sold that dodgey clapped out lemon mate.Was only a mattetr of time before it all fell apart and blew another engine.Apparently you stung his arse big time and reached a record streetfighter sale price in Australia.Congrats once again,and look forwood to your future contributions to ASF.
cheers

Davo
;)

Deano
12-06-2008, 10:59 PM
you cant hold onto them forever. you gotta remember clint that its not a sale till you get paid, and i probably hadn't been paid for it yet so therefore it wasn't sold.

i refuse to have 2 bike registered so one of them had to go.

and just think davo the look on Lances face when he trys to ride it home and there is a conrod out the front of the block oil everywhere and the front wheel falls off the first corner he takes and i got his money so that means i am off to spain to hang out with Trixie Skase. (only joking Lance)

12-06-2008, 11:33 PM
so was I Lance..i do that sometimes...and Deano,its Pixie Skase...Trixie is your neighbours blind lesbian labrador.

latheboy
13-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Wow Deano ... I didnt know this was coming, sad day but you got a load of cash for the project so thats great .. Shame to have to get rid of it but im sure its gone to a good home and will live on

Deano
13-06-2008, 07:19 AM
thats right davo, i am going to hang out with my neighbours blind lesbian labrador. they are ace fun to hang with

Fight_fan
13-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Cheers Deano! HaHa! My neighbour has a blind lesbian lab too! Freaky!
Nah seriously tho, u'v been awesome mate! I cant wait to pick her up tomorrow & do the slightly illegal ride from sydney back to my place! Plus if it fucks up...I kno where u live! :D
I look forward to catchin up with ya @ the GP mate! Hopefully u'l have the turbo 12 up n running by then!

I promise I'l look after her 4 ya!:)

Gix11
13-06-2008, 04:05 PM
At least it's gone to a good home mate. Nothing worse than seeing a great bike go to some bell end who runs it into the ground.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/events/AFR07/gallery/IMG_2819.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/events/AFR07/gallery/IMG_2820.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/events/AFR07/gallery/IMG_2821.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/events/AFR07/gallery/IMG_2822.jpg

Fight_fan
13-06-2008, 04:41 PM
HaHa! Now the incriminating evidence comes out! Nah good to see it got used properly & responsibly! :D

Gix11
13-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Deano put a shit load of work into that bike mate. I'd be comfortable buying a bike off him anyday.

Fight_fan
13-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeh he's a top bloke Si! I wouldnt normally buy anything site unseen from anyone, but here we are! Now Ive got the fun task of trying to get NSW rego! YAY!

TurboKat
13-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Jeez, I hope you can sleep at night Deano [B)] does Fight Fan know it's held together with cable ties, coathangers & Rapetape [:0]
Seriously though, that's the 2nd trickest exhaust hanger I've ever seen [8D]
Your shout at the Pub then Deano[?]

Note to F.F.- All the bearings in the bike will need replacing, you know how Panelbeaters cars are dinged & rusty & Mechanics bikes have bald tyres, loose chains, dirty oil, etc? ;)

KATO ZX7
13-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Deano, that was sad to read mate. You still have another set of 2 wheeled madness :D:D
Good luck with the next project. Its going to be 'fully sik' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]

BTW nice photos !!