PDA

View Full Version : F*CKING COPS!!!

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Fuck im pissed off! I had a bike accident in march in which my ZED got written off & I got some fun gravel rash! It was early morning & I lost the front end on some local twisties possibly due to some dew on the road. I was the only one involved in the incident no other car drivers/bike riders on the road & I just got served a negligent driving charge for it today!
How the fuck is that negligence??? I was actually going under the speed limit at the time as I was checking a new shock i'd put in the rear, which was made very clear in the police report! I fucking hate the police!:(:(:(

Rant over...

Lucas
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
It was negligent beacaue you were on a bike[:0][}:)].

You're in Nulla dulla aren't ya??

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah mate I sure am! U come down this way much?

Lucas
11-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Not often enough any more. Used to get down there every other week.

Was thinking of looking for a cushy, high payinng job down there, if that exists in Ulladulla. When I was in QLD I was working with someone who moved her family up there from Ulla.

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 02:16 PM
What do u do 4 work? Dunno about high paying but definatly cushy jobs down here mate! I'l be moving late this year tho! Need a change of pace + opportunities r pretty limited here & I wanna get into a bike mechanics apprenticeship b4 im too old & tied down! Im already 20...

zx12argh
11-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Thats a pisser mate - but its pretty much standard practice for the coppers at the moment. Unless you can come up with something that is totally not your fault they are hitting EVERYONE up with this. Its along the lines of targeting "at risk" road users and "increasing awareness". Typical revenue raising BS tho heaps of Ulysses guys are getting done this way.

My plan is if I ever involved in a single vehicle accident is I'll tell em a turkey flew out and hit me in the head.
Thats right - I crashed cause I was turkey slapped. Even if I get booked I want to see the write up of that one.

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Lol! Nice one Pete! Nah its just my luck with the po-po hey! When I was on my red P's I copped a neg. driving charge because I ran a corner wide...literally! Its fucking bullshit hey!

Lucas
11-06-2008, 02:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Thats a pisser mate - but its pretty much standard practice for the coppers at the moment. Unless you can come up with something that is totally not your fault they are hitting EVERYONE up with this. Its along the lines of targeting "at risk" road users and "increasing awareness". Typical revenue raising BS tho heaps of Ulysses guys are getting done this way.

My plan is if I ever involved in a single vehicle accident is I'll tell em a turkey flew out and hit me in the head.
Thats right - I crashed cause I was turkey slapped. Even if I get booked I want to see the write up of that one.

:D:D

Lucas
11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

What do u do 4 work? Dunno about high paying but definatly cushy jobs down here mate! I'l be moving late this year tho! Need a change of pace + opportunities r pretty limited here & I wanna get into a bike mechanics apprenticeship b4 im too old & tied down! Im already 20...

I work with the disabled.

My problem is I want the coastal life style and I want the city $$$:D:D

I left QLD cause I'm earning around 20k pa more here.

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Yeh unfortunately u cant really have both! I too love the coastal lifestyle but its just not practical with what I want outa life... Kinda sux but ya cant always have ur cake n eat it!:( If u were workin with the elderly u'd be set down here tho! So many oldies!

Lucas
11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I was in Q but I didn't like it and the money was shit. Atleast the coast is only a quick drive away

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeh thats it mate! Its a quick & easy little weekend getaway...

Cruisecontrol
11-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I was in a similar situation after my last crash. Single vehicle accident, road was deemed acceptable so they slapped me with a neg driving charge regardless of my written off bike and five operations to put me back together.

Although the copper was nice enough to tell me that next time just say that you have no recollection of the accident and they can't pin it on you. For all they know you hit a leprechaun...

Fight_fan
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Although the copper was nice enough to tell me that next time just say that you have no recollection of the accident and they can't pin it on you. For all they know you hit a leprechaun...

Fuck! The cop I got told me that because I went to hospital they have to press charges of some description! So basically if u dont wanna get done, dont bother making sure ur ok by gettin a hospital nurse to check u over! That was the lesson I learned from all this! & when I said that to the officer he agreed with me...(off the record) FUCK THE PO'LICE!:([}:)]

Cruisecontrol
11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Yet if you "don't remember" what happened and there were no other witnesses they can't just make something up.

Tony Nitrous
11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Not sure or 100% on this but keep hearing of changes to the law
that puts Non-Complianced pipes, rear guard eliminators etc into
the "anti-hooning" class. Meaning they have the option to seize
and / or send to court. Don't know how true it is.

F#rk, pull over 1 big ride and it'll back the courts up for days !!!

morrigan
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
I thought they had to charge you if there was more than a certain amount of damage - in $$$. I got that fucked up charge too with mine, and it just adds insult to injury - literally!!

alfiestorm
11-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Traffic cops and traffic laws in oz are totally fucked up.
I had plenty of dealings with the fuckwits when I was there, I went to court and contested a speeding ticket and won.
They sent me all sorts of intimadating letters prior to the court hearing so I took all of those with me to the courts and presented them to the magistrate as evidence of their intimadating tactics.
They also could not provide a calibration certificate although the magistrate did say it was a rather grey area as to weather they should have one or not (his words not mine) and they had no representation in court.
Fuck you cops I won.

Process I went through to get the alledged speeding offence to court is as follows.

Recieved speeding ticket in the post.

I had one month to pay the fine

Sent the request for the photo evidence along with the option to go to court, one week before the fine due date.

Three weeks later a blurred black and white photo turns up and the first three digits are unreadable. They send you a photo copy of the original even though there photos are digital.

Four months later a court summons is hand delivered buy two traffic cops.

One month later I go to court and win. I did have to pay a victims of crime levy 80 bux I think it was but all of the alledged speeding offence and points were quashed.

Dark Reign
11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
correct me if i am wrong, but an involuntary action such as sneezing is a valid reason and neg driving can not be given. My aunty used it a while back and nothing was said.

Fight_fan
12-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Well done Stu! Way to stick it to the man! Im not sure any excuse would of saved me hey! Basically after the cops arrived at the scene about n hour after my acco he checked the road & noted he could find nothing that would have caused me to crash & because I couldnt explain how it happened they have no other way to look at it than that I wasnt riding to the conditions! Ergo...Negligence! It really is a slap in the face after everything I'v been thru tho!

2ndclasscitizen
12-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Argue it on the definition of negligence. If the cops couldn't see a reason for you to have crashed, then how could you whilst riding? Therefore you weren't negligent because you didn't see any problems/issues with the road and how you were riding it, you can't have deliberately ignored them.

Fight_fan
12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeh I kno Mitch but at the end of the day its just another young biker that came off on a 45km/h sign posted bend doin about 70km/h. Even tho its an 80 zone there, they really dont give a shit hey! They count the fact that I was goin over the recommended corner speed when I crashed as me bein negligent, even if I was goin slower than usual! Its just revenue raising bullshit! But I dont really have a leg to stand on when it come to i said, he said!

Lucas
12-06-2008, 11:04 AM
spill a bit of oil on the road.............theres you reason for dropping the bike. RTA were negligent for not ensuring that the roads were in a safe condition :)

Fight_fan
12-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Good advice mate! 3 months too late tho! :D