PDA

View Full Version : Over Fill Oil Problems?

Guile
05-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Its official i'm a dick head,

Think i've over filled the oil on my GPX 750, i'm totally aware of the bike reading different levels while being on its side stand etc and was carful to stand the bike what i thought was upright while i checked.

Anyway story goes i checked my oil at the weekend as knew it was leaking from what i suspect is the gear change lever as oil runs down the side stand and on to the floor.

I bought a litre of oil and was rushing to fill it monday morning before riding to work as i didn't want to feck the motor with no oil. Kept pourng in and checking and pouring and checking and before long all the oil is in?! 1 whole litre!

It then only just read above low level mark, i thought some must still be working its way down so guessed no drama should be near full.

Got to work and was fed up of seeing the small oil slick i was creating at the parking space so put it on the centre stand. Just thought to check the oil and now its up past the sight glass, bugger!

In short is it doing damage, i'm aware of issues in car engines i.e. blowing oil seals etc, is it the same?

I've also noticed its hard to get in gear now and wonder if thats related or just another problem to add to the list on this never ending pile of shit, i mean labour of love.

Lucas
05-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Not too sure but i'd imagine it'd be mush the same. If you're worried drain it out and start again.