PDA

View Full Version : Where to Paint and Polish wheels is NSW

pappas
30-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyone got a good (cheap) contact to get my wheels painted and or polished? There used to be a guy in Granville that polished wheels out of his back yard for $300-$400....that was a while ago though... Or might even get them powdercoated. What's a descent price to get the wheels powdercoated?

Cheers!

Zed14
01-06-2008, 01:22 PM
cheaper if you do it in your own garage. you dont have to rent a wharehouse to polish stuff. i paid 150.00 to get two wheels blasted and powdercoated.

chopaweeza
01-06-2008, 02:14 PM
There is a place at Revesby that did Neo Dutch's wheels . They charged $800 and the masking they used was faulty so the polished rims had bead blast over spray on them when delivered. Cash & Co Wreckers at St Marys bead blast a wheel for $40 each (last set cost me $90 including the sprocket carrier)but you have to strip & degrease them beforehand . There is a bloke I work with , Paulie , that does Rim polishing and I can find out what he charges if you like . Thats how I'm going to do the wheels on my Santee GSXR .

pappas
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM
That would be good Chopa thanks mate, space is tight as I live in a unit, with no garage, the bike is at my cousins house at the moment. If I had the time, patience and space I would definately do them my self....

Rexie that sounds like a good price, where'd you get that done at? Is that the going rate?

Zed14
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
newcastle. at tomago. they are just up the street from my place of employment and im lazy. so i dont know what the going rate is. if i had to travel i would have got a couple of quotes.