PDA

View Full Version : FZR250 issues

336LJ
30-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Hi guys, my mate still has his wee little fzr250.
One problem he is having every now and then is, wen sitting at the lights, we all take off, get 1km up the road and realise he isnt behind us., back track to the lights, he has pushed the bike over to the side of the road.
The thing will idle, but as soon as you open the throttle it wont rev. I dont think it stalls at all it just wont take off. then after a while, it comes good again!.

Any idea's what this could be and how it can be fixed, he is upgrading soon and I want all problems ironed out of this thing before he gets ME to sell it

It seems to blow alot of fuel out the exhaust when it finally does get moving again.

Seifer
30-05-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not sure what that exact problem is but I used to own one and had throttle problems similar to that. Think the airbox wasn't seated properly and the exup was out of whack. Not sure if that will help tho. Head to fzr250.com. It's an aussie forum which helped me alot when I owned one. Ask the q there and one of the guys will be glad to help.

Seifer
30-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Oh and I understand their carbies are notoriously impossible to work on for some reason. Take em off and give em a clean and check for where while your at it, how do the spark plugs look?

336LJ
30-05-2008, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Oh and I understand their carbies are notoriously impossible to work on for some reason. Take em off and give em a clean and check for where while your at it, how do the spark plugs look?

Not sure mate, I'll have to get my mate to pull his finger out and do a service on it, I said drop it off and get the thing done by someone who knows what they are doing, carby rebuild while its there.
I figured if all else fails they mite fix the problem without knowing :P

Thruan
04-06-2008, 09:07 AM
i had kinda the same problem on my 750. check the slides and the vac lines and shit, my slides werent sliding and the result is it would be fine with no load, but put a laod on it (try and ride away) it just wouldnt happen... and i feel sorry for whoever has to work on those carbs. my mate has an fzr250 and when i saw them i run the other way...

336LJ
04-06-2008, 01:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Thruan

i had kinda the same problem on my 750. check the slides and the vac lines and shit, my slides werent sliding and the result is it would be fine with no load, but put a laod on it (try and ride away) it just wouldnt happen... and i feel sorry for whoever has to work on those carbs. my mate has an fzr250 and when i saw them i run the other way...

I had that thought too. Well he just picked up his new bike (caths 636 :P) so we can tinker around and see whats wrong. otherwise. yeah, its gonna get jumped into a dam, or ghostied down the street into a fence.