PDA

View Full Version : Time For a Turbo

Weaselman
29-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Ok I need a little insight.

Its time to turbo my XJR1300.
I want to do it on carbs and im pretty sure ive got the issues with them sussed out.
What i want to know is how have people with turbo bikes overcome oil supply problems on bikes that arnt GSXR's that need some assistance.

Im not going for huge numbers just 3 to 5 psi max.
I've got a good nick turbo off a Nissan skyline GTR (Garret M28) and was looking for pointers and traps for new players.

I'll be using quality components (Boost controller, BOV ect) just needed a litte heads up.

Cheers
Weasel

Booster
29-05-2008, 10:06 PM
What oil pressure does the xjr run?? plain bearing or roller bearing crank ??
Which Nissan turbo? any id tag on the bearing section (m28 is a casting number and several turbo's around that size use that casting)
Main point is if at all possable mount the turbo high enough that its 25-50mm above normal oil level (more is ok )so you don't need a scavenge pump.
Which reference are you using for carb pressure balance ?? turbo-bike.net ???

damo1
30-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Speak to Exben ;)

30-05-2008, 04:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Speak to Exben ;)

Or Rocket

chopaweeza
30-05-2008, 04:16 PM
If you are getting one Professionally done S&R Pro at Penrith are the best on the Eastern seaboard bar none . Worth a trip out there and having a yarn to them.

Weaselman
30-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks all! Much helpfull

as for the carbs refrence i was using the info from the one on here in the how to section

miniman1
30-05-2008, 07:16 PM
GTR's use a T28 turbo. What model did it come off?? The newer one's use the ball bearing GT28

Weaselman
30-05-2008, 07:33 PM
R33

Booster
31-05-2008, 08:42 AM
http://www.turbo-bike.net/ this is the one i keep as a reference.
Shaynes writeup covers fuel supply and many small but necessary tips well.only thing i see that may help is make a support for the carb drain hoses that hold them up above bowl, put clear lines on and turn on the drains, lets you check fuel level , esp on a dyno too see if your running out of fuel or flooding the floats with excess pressure .

greg mulligan
31-05-2008, 04:55 PM
s&r pro couldn't tune a fucking wheel barrow

Large
31-05-2008, 07:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by greg mulligan

s&r pro couldn't tune a fucking wheel barrow

I've never had any dealings with them, but anyone I've asked personaly had nothing good to say about them[V]

Weaselman
31-05-2008, 07:57 PM
hmmm... thats interesting to know. anyone know any particular details why they suck?\

chopaweeza
31-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm curious to hear why also. Several of the blokes I work with have their bikes serviced or tuned by them & several others have had major mods done by them. With no complaints . They had a brilliant bloke working for them that left 2 years ago & the work isn't as good as it was but otherwise I'd heard nothing bad. TJ's on the other hand are a different story as I've fixed 3 bikes in the last 6 months that had work done at TJ's and without going into details it was some of the worse work I've ever seen done on bikes.