PDA

View Full Version : Can you top the Launchmeister ?

TurboKat
22-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I had to relate this story to the ASF brethren, I'm sure you'll appreciate it.
For the last few years here in Victoria we have had cameras at intersections that not only get you if you run a red, they can measure your speed between the lines as well when the lights are green, they flash 3 times & take 3 pics from when they detect you speeding so in the case of multi lane roads, the vehicle that's furthest in front gets the fine coz it was obviously going the fastest through the intersection.
Anyway, my mate Mark received one of these intersection fines in the mail recently for 71 km/h in a 60 zone on his '07 R1 - 'so what' you say, 'nuthin special about that' you say. Well here's the punchline... IT WAS FROM A STANDING START :D He was sitting at the lights, nobody else around, so he decides it's as good a place as any to practice his race starts (he races a CBR 600), the light goes green & he LAUNCHES the R1 off the line & for the first time ever it didn't break traction or shoot the front wheel skywards, just accelerated like a rocket across the intersection, he was well happy with himself until the flashes went off. :(
So the challenge is set ;) can anyone beat 71 in a 60 [?] It'll cost you a hundred & something & a point or 3 but you'll have the ultimate bragging rights & a photo to prove it [:o)]
I used to call him Hardcore Mark because he was the only bloke I knew who would get to a trackday & if it was raining he'd just go out & slide around on slicks for a laugh [^] He will now be known as The Launchmeister & if he ever decides to take up Drag Racing, Papa Smurf & his mates are fucked :D

23-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Very cool. I love that feeling of a good launch. I have pulled a 1.54 second 60ft but that was at the strip and with straps. Would be interesting to see your mates R1 at the drags.

Fight_fan
23-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Holy Shit! That is impressive!

xb9r
23-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Hehehehe thats wikid

Rocket
23-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Hahaha I can imagine what he said to himself as the flashes went off.

Booster
24-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Thats quick ! but i would be thinking about the guy running the red light coming in on my right

Fight_fan
24-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Can I top the Launchmeister? No I cant!