PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Z1000 project

deafwish
16-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi all,
I am seriously contemplating doing a semi DIY turbo kit for my 2004 model Z1000.
As I am heavily involved in modifying turbo Subarus, I can get my hands on tonnes of performance bits & custom parts relatively cheaply...
I'm looking for some advice on what used turbos to look for and any other little things I may not have thought about.
As my bike is more of a street bike (muscle-ish bike), it already runs lower compression compared to the supersport roadbikes (CBR1000, R1, GSXR1000's...). I don't want to intercool, to simply keep it... simple!
I would be looking for something that has an internal wastegate spring pressure around 7psi.
I already have a computer (PC3 USB) and a Muzzy exhaust (would sell the headers & use the can).
I would need to get an external fuel pump (what type?), custom header, small dump pipe a small BOV, oil feed lines (info required), bigger injectors (info required) & a custom intake plenum (the expensive bit - info reqd).

Any advice or help would be wonderful!

Cheers.

Daz.

WATEVR
17-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Exben would be your first point of call i would suggest?

streets
18-05-2008, 01:44 PM
If you can get subaru parts...
Try and find a standard primary turbo (the smaller one) off a liberty B4. It has about a 6-7psi diaphragm and the gas velocity/volume from a 1000cc flat 4 bike engine at 10-12k should be roughly the same as a 2 lt. flat four at 4k ish where the primary turbo cuts out on the B4.
This is only guesswork as I don't have maps for the B4 turbo, but seat of the pants (previous experience) should put this in the ballpark.

_M_
18-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Or if you can get your hands on the factory turbo kits for the jimmny (spl) they probably would go alright aswell.

ozkat
18-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Join up on www.psychobike.com ask questions, you will get good answers.

Fish
19-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Talk to booster also, He's a bit of a turbo guru.