PDA

View Full Version : Motty A/F/R tuner ?

Tony Nitrous
14-05-2008, 04:52 PM
One for Evad or Booster or anyone clued up on injection ????

Anyone know anything about these.....

http://www.afrtuner.com/description.html

Came up on another Forum.
Downside is current model has to be had wired,
Next generation will be Plug-in.

Good ?
Bad ?
Competition for a Power Commander ?

Thanks,
Tony.J.

Booster
14-05-2008, 06:18 PM
PM Stocky
He uses one, there is a thread about it somewhere in here ..

Tony Nitrous
14-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks Mate.

I should have put "Motty" in the search.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6739&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=Motty

Stocky
15-05-2008, 06:57 AM
That unit just keeps getting better mate.

The only down side is hard wiring.

Having said that , if you even know what a soldering iron is you and you can post on this web site you are probably more than capable of fitting the unit.

It really does everything it claims and more.

moog
15-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Is there anything out there similar to help fine tune carb's ???

kawakid
15-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Stocky, I have been looking into various AFR units (Bazzaz & PCIII) and really likee the look of the Motty and believe its a far superior product - I am concerned doing a hardwire into a new K8 Busa as a PnP wont be avail for some time yet. Is it a hard task and how long does the install take and I gues is it totally permanant or can it be reverse engineered if required? - I have emailed Motty himeself and had his opinion but just want another if you dont mind

Cheers
Thanks in advnce
KK

Stocky
16-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Mate, it looks daunting up front but the instructions and loom that come with it make it really easy.

If you can even half solder then it's not hard at all.

The time will vary from bike to bike and the skill of the person fitting it.

The first one I did probably took about and hour and a half as it was the first time etc.

Now I'd do one in about 20 mins.

The install is not permanent. The loom comes with a little plug you can fit and it removes the AFR tuner. Then you'd only need the 20pin loom to fit it to a new bike. (or you can remove the loom just as easy as you installed it)

It really is the best thing out there for tuning. It's the only one that really does tune "closed loop" and doesn't require you to do the mapping etc.

The result is amazing even on a relativly stock bike. Even better than Motty claims.

I'm happy to help if I can.

The other bonus for a Busa owner is the feature in the AFR tuner to "unlimit" the Suzuki.
You can set it to make the gear sensor think it's in 5th at what ever RPM you like so you can retain the indicator in the dash but as it gets to say 10,000rpm it'll drop back to the 5th gear map to unlimit the top end.

You may also notice he has a TRE unit available that retains the stock gear indicator on the dash. This is a really unique thing too. It does the full TRE thing only it retains the dash.