PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars bolted on

pappas
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Took my top triple clamp, risers and new Bars over to Ben (Exben) at Extreme Creations on Thursday for him to put it all together. All I can say for anyone thinking of drilling them yourself think again unless you've got a fairly set up workshop.

To do mine Ben had to machine off the speedo mounts, drill and tap a new single 10mm hole into the risers to replace the 2 bolts arrangement my risers had as they were to wide for the triples then put helicoils into the risers, also drilled and tapped a new hole to put a bracket for a new speedo.

Saved so much time and fucking around!

Big thanks to Exben!

Oh and was lucky enough to meet Large while I was there....can't figure out why he's called Large though!?

Large
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Ben should start charging him rent the amount of time he spends there! Large, get a job.;)(Yes, even a smiley so you don't get upset.)

I've got a job,

It keeps me occupied for about 3-4 hours or less a day, Ben keeps me amused for a couple of hours a few times a week, the interwebs keeps me occupied for 4-5 hours a day and working on my bikes about an hour a day.

Alcohol fills in the gaps[:p]

Large
12-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow,

I must be important if my quotes jump above the OP's post

Large
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Am I god now Si?

Large
12-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Ahhhh

You've fixed the clock!

Gix11
12-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Ben should start charging him rent the amount of time he spends there! Large, get a job.;)(Yes, even a smiley so you don't get upset.)

-Dex-
12-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Preaching to the converted pappas.[:I] :D

Guile
12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by pappas

Took my top triple clamp, risers and new Bars over to Ben (Exben) at Extreme Creations on Thursday for him to put it all together.

Thats what i'd like to be able to do but live too far away in big country town,

Tried to message Ben but i must have been a bad boy because i'm not allowed.

Ben if you read this could you please message me a quote for the same on an 87' GPX 750,

Cheers in advance

12-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah I was there Friday....The Man is fixing up me fork lowers and made us a custom tool for work there and then. Just wish I had more $$$$ to spend there