PDA

View Full Version : Extended clutch cable

Bear
11-05-2008, 01:08 AM
Ok, who makes extended clutch cables? Anyone know of a mob who make them to spec?

chopiesel
11-05-2008, 01:20 AM
alot of bike wreckers will make them to length if you take in your cable si they can use the fittings.

chopaweeza
11-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Actually , I do. But as a rule I just do them for my own bikes . There are several vendors on ebay that sell Venhill kits and if you ask them the right questions you can get a good deal on materials to make your own as well.

Bear
11-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Aaah Cheers Choppa. I used to use Venhill when I was in the UK.
Might be able to get a nice "colour" too. :D

Or maybe I should invest in a hydro clutch? What do these cost and who sells them here? I want names, goddammit!!

oldskool
11-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Any good bike workshop will make you one;)

chopaweeza
11-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Head down to your local Marina and ask around. Oddly enough the boating industry apparently uses cables on a regular basis and most decent boat shops can make them with your fittings for $20-30 apparently. I was talking to a mate over a few pints last night after I posted and he's had all the cables for his dirt bike , his Harley and his wifes CB250 made up by a boat place near his work over at Brooky . He informs me that most boat shops make cables and most are pretty cheap .

Bear
11-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Cheers Chopa, that sounds promising. :)

After I did some searching on the web, I'm amazed that no-one makes road bike specific kits for converting cable to hydraulic. Lots for dirt bikes but buggar-all for road.
Could be a market there, especially for fighters with raised and wider bars.

Even Magura don't make a complete kit for roadies from what I could find.

With the ammount of time I spend in traffic holding the clutch in, I'm seriously thinking of going hydraulic. I'll get a new cable meantime though.