PDA

View Full Version : Question for Banana benders??

speeddemon
10-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Guys, need some advice.

Most likley going up there to live in near future. I have been around Redcliff / Scarborough area and it would suit me as Ill commute north to our sunshine coast office and its nice near the coast. It also closer to Bris city for the other half to work then SunCoast.

So what do you guys think of this area??
Is it real bad traffic to get to Bris City from there, or traffic north??
Any good riding around there (dirtbike and road say within an hour)?

ozkat
10-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Mate i dont think you could go wrong in that area. Get in touch with evad he lives there.

10-05-2008, 09:26 AM
mate you'll be goin opposite direction to the peakhour traffic headin to work and back.
plenty good ridin up here

evad
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Yep, Im in Recliffe, Im happy here been here 8 years Its around 70+ K's to the sunshine coast and the main traffic is the opposite direction. I work close to brisbane and it takes around 40/45 minutes in peak hour down the gateway motorway to get there, the closest train station is in Sandgte (just over the bridge). Mt Mee and Glorius are within half hour of here. If you have any questions let me know.

speeddemon
10-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks fellas, sounds like it maybe the spot especially considering that property is cheaper than Bris city.

You may have another bandit up that way then before the year is out.

see ya:D

papa smurf
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Do it, you'll love it.:D

evad
11-05-2008, 02:53 AM
sounds good, be great to have another ASF member nearby:D:D

336LJ
11-05-2008, 06:27 AM
hey mate from experience, your in the right place. good commute to the city cause traffic sure sucks a big one going the other way, and yeah plenty good riding. My old man has a few fav spots has been riding for yonks.
I'v only been up mt nebo which is awesome and the sunshine coast hinterland is real nice from memory having lived up there as a kid.
Dont know many other places yet.

You'll love it up here.

el sammo
12-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeh mate its nice up here i live in keperra its northside about 12kms from the city, plenty of hills to ride in and stuff

Lucas
13-05-2008, 12:31 PM
It also depends on where on the coast you'll be working. I recently moved back to Cranberra after living in Pomona. It used to take roughly 45 mins to get from Nambour to Brissies northern burbs.