PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Dyno Bikes

Peka
01-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Anyone had experience with these guys? Are they any good? Bike needs valve clearances and carb sync done, so I thought I may as well get it dyno tuned at the same time for $99 (that's what they quoted).

01-08-2006, 05:31 PM
i think Damo uses them(GSX11).His bike has 138 at the rear and he uses every bit of it.

Peka
01-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Well I'd be pretty surprised if my Viffer got 138 at the wheel ;)

ozkat
01-08-2006, 08:57 PM
$99 is cheap mate, bring it out to Willowbank on Sat arvo

Peka
01-08-2006, 09:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

$99 is cheap mate, bring it out to Willowbank on Sat arvo

Already got plans Sat, and I'm not allowed to go to Willowbank unless the missus can bring her bike to drag as well (even if it is only a Spada) :D

qickdraw
02-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I used these guys (in Wacol) a few times when I lived in BrisVegas, & found their work quality to be pretty good. The guy that runs the place (Mick?) is a nice bloke & will always try to help you, but he had a few hassles getting a decent mechanic on a regular basis around the time I was there. I suppose that's all passed now..

Don't think for $99 you'll be getting a full dyno run, either. Mick won't do that unless you specifically ask for it.... and it costs more than $99! It'd just be a basic start up, run it for a bit on the dyno to check the work done & that's it.

Peka
02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
I thought $99 was pretty cheap, though he did say that jets would be extra. Anyway, I'll be checking again before I book it in.

BOHEMION
02-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Lets us know how you go Peks! Let us know what they are chargin all up in the end.

03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
read in the trading post today that its under new management.

Peka
04-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Just had a nice chat to them, booked it in for Wed. The $99 is for a full tune, they'll do the first run and change/adjust jets as required. If they don't need to change or fiddle with jets, it's only $65.

Peka
09-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Got the Viffer serviced and dyno'd at Brisbane Dyno Bikes today. I had already done oil/filter, coolant, other basic stuff, but needed
steering bearings and valve clearances done. So they did a major
service, minus what I'd already done, then a dyno tune.

Max 95 rear wheel bhp. Wasn't actually that interested in max power,
just a nice smooth line for good drive throughout the rev range.

The engine is standard except for a Staintune pipe, and I had BP
premium (95RON) in the tank. It has 128,000km on it too. The analysis
runs were done after they had already serviced the bike (as you'd
expect). They only fiddled with the mixture screws, the main benefit
being a nice bump in the over rev after max power. A little bit extra
here and there but nothing to write home about. Ever since I got the
bike it has had a noticeable drop after max power. Now it doesn't.

The engine has never pulled this well, throughout the rev range, and
the interesting thing is that the gains up to max power would be
barely noticeable. So they've obviously done a good job on the service before even looking at the dyno. It has certainly never idled well at 1000rpm like it does now (manual actually says idle speed is 1150rpm).

Here's the graph:

http://pekanet.org/bike/DynoGraph.jpg

Granted, the air/fuel ratio is not ideal but he said it would take a
lot fiddling on a carb'd bike to get it better, and what's the point
with a smooth power graph like that. Yes, it's only a 750 and the
numbers aren't big like the litre bikes, but I knew that before the
dyno run ;)

Now here's the best bit. The price. The dyno tune was $99, and the
price would be the same if they had changed the jets. All up was $397, with new plugs and air filter. That's good value for money! The even washed the bike, properly (which it doesn't get very often, I just ride the fucker).

The new bloke, Tony I think his name is, seems to be pretty genuine and committed to keeping his customers happy.