PDA

View Full Version : Brake light

_M_
07-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok, so my tail light and license plate fell off the other weekend, so i decided to make a bobbed tail, and when ive gone to wire up the tail light i cant for the life of me get the brake light to work. I've connected all the correct wires and it was working fine before so i think i might have shorted the brake light wire/ connection some where, so if ive shorted the connection, where would that usually occur is there a relay or resistor, or fuse that could of blown ???

Cheers

BANDITROD
07-05-2008, 11:45 PM
ok im gunna have to ask did you change the globe cos i have had a globe cause all sorts of hell

-Dex-
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I have a tail light fuse in my gsxr so Id be checking the fusebox first. Then the globe. Get the obvious stuff out of the way first. Its worth while changing globes even if the one in there looks ok, My number plate light globe looked sweet but didnt work.

Seifer
08-05-2008, 08:55 AM
THere should be two fuses for your tail light, one for always on, the other for when a lever is depressed. If neither works it will be your wiring or the globe.

Fatgit
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Get out the multimeter and starrt from where you know power definitely is and follow it through.

What bike? Old Skool bikes don't normally carry a seperate tail light fuse.

_M_
08-05-2008, 12:28 PM
ok, in the fuse box i cant find any tail light or brake light fuse, they are leds so bulbs shouldnt be a problem, they light up if i directly connect the cables as well, its just the brake light component doesn't work. I've also directly connected the tail lights power straight to the battery through the headlight power, so thats why that works fine.

The bike is a fzr400 with a yzf600 motor.

I've also just got in a fancy American led tail light (i got for another project) so ill just see if that one works.

_M_
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
All fixed fellas, must have been a bad connection, i re-soldered all the connections and now it works fine.

Cheers, thanks for all the suggestions.

:D