PDA

View Full Version : Bits

Lucas
07-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I was thinking while driving to work this morning about what the odds of ASF getting custom parts made to ad to the gear section (your thoughts on this Si, it may have been done and I don't know about it, I'm still pretty fresh in here).

I was thinking along the lines of:-

Numberplate brackets
Brake and clutch levers
Clutch covers
Fuel filler caps
Brake fluid res caps
Trick headlight covers
And knuckleduster after market headlight brackets would look fucking sweet.

Now, I reckon this above shit and anything else anyone in here can think of done up with the ASF logo/Knuckledusters etc would be pretty popular and be a hot selling item..

BANDITROD
07-05-2008, 12:28 PM
now thats not a bad idea but it would be up to the guru himself some of the parts you mentioned above are already made by members of this forum so maybe we could get the parts off them and then have them etched/engraved DEANO im looking at you and EXBEN im looking at you aswell mate

Numberplate brackets
Clutch covers
Fuel filler caps
Brake fluid res caps
Trick headlight covers
knuckleduster after market headlight brackets
Heel plates for rearsets ASF logo

we would need the support of quite a few members to do this but lets leave it to the main man himself what do ya reckon Si

zx12argh
07-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Well if anything is going to be relatively massproduced I can do up 3D designs to be plugged into a CNC mill. I also have experience in designing plastic injection moulded parts and contacts within the industry.
Its a bit of an expense to get up and running tho... A super simple die starts at about a grand (in Australia - China about half that) and requires high runs for them to be interested in doing the run.

I've been toying with the idea of producing custom head light masks built around projector type head lights. Design them up in 3D, order them roughed out using Rapid Prototype equipment, finish them up in plaster and take a mould (as outlaw so expertly demonstrated). This process would probably cost about $400 bucks to produce a mould depending on the complexity.

Few ideas there - I'm keen to help.

Gix11
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh, posted twice I see. I did the reply here:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10426

fimpBIKES
07-05-2008, 01:22 PM
hey zx, have you seen those rapid prototyping machines in action
fucking crazy shit!!!

but cheaper than i expected it to be :D

zx12argh
07-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah they are pretty shit hot - I've had stuffed produced in CAP-Carbon - as tough as Glass Filled Nylon - about $100 per cubic centimetre tho- ouch. I reckon if you do a frame work using 3d printing (cheap as it gets) you could get away with it for few hundred bucks. At least in 3d you can really flesh out a design.

zx12argh
07-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Just read your reply Si - you changed the members password on me ya bugger [:p] - Fair enough and to true - I've seen the fun you've had just in moving merchandising let alone custom bike bits.

Tho like I've said before - I'm still happy to help anyone needing 3D cad stuff - depending on the job free for full members or a small beer tax.

Lucas
07-05-2008, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Oh, posted twice I see. I did the reply here:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10426

:D:D:DYeah, the more the merrier