PDA

View Full Version : Taking Engine Out - GSXR1100

Seifer
05-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Has anyone got any handy pointers for taking out and putting back a GSXR 1100 engine in a 750 frame. I've done it a few times but even with three people helping it seems a struggle. Should I keep the detachable side frame attached to the engine? Oh and without taking the forks and swinger off aswell.

BANDITROD
05-05-2008, 10:20 AM
i usualy lay the bike on its side on some foam or a mattress or if your not fussy just lay it on the ground mate its heaps easier than trying to lift out the side oh and make sure you lay it on the right side mate and then just lift your frame away from the motor and whala

pappas
05-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Mate I've just taken my 750 motor out and put an 1100 motor in, take the breather cover off and also take the detachable side off too, it just gets in the way when your taking the motor out, I took the carbs out after I dropped the motor a bit to which made it a bit easier.

When putting the 1100 motor back in I laid the motor on it's side with the removable frame attached and lowered the bike over the motor slowly, then lined at least one bolt up before picking the bike up again, I managed to put the motor in by myself this way.

Seifer
05-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the tips boys, sounds like a plan.