PDA

View Full Version : Z900 forks, need help!!

EFE 1230
02-05-2008, 05:04 PM
In the bottom of the fork tubes there are collars that are held in by circlips, I've removed the clips but they won't slide out of the fucking tube! does anyone know how to get the bastards out without using an angle grinder?? I have to get them out in 1 piece to fit into my new fork tubes.

Jay_G
02-05-2008, 05:20 PM
if they are the same as my early eighties ones for my 750 you take the spring out through the top of the tube there is a plug with a wire clip holding it in, carefull the fucker tries to go flying, and then use the inner fork tube as a slide hammer untill it comes out, as the seals are in there fairly tight and from memory there is also a sleeve in there. throw some picks up

also www.kawasaki.com have exploded diagrams on their website (has to be the US one)

EFE 1230
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I've got the forks stripped the collars are in the bottom of each (bare) fork tube held in by a circlip. The fork tubes have a lip machined in them so the collars can't move up but they don't want to come out (down) the fucking things spin so they aren't stuck. On the exploded manual diagram I have it doesn't show them and I have no print manual to check if it tells you how to remove them.

EFE 1230
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Ha!!! got the little fuckers out!!! Poured a kettle full of hot water over the end of the fork tube then dropped the biggest screwdriver I have down the tube and out they dropped! THANK FUCK FOR THAT!!!!