PDA

View Full Version : Buying a bike - BOUGHT!!

336LJ
24-04-2008, 12:40 PM
1995 ZX9R
44,000ks
Full service history (from the dealer to a few weeks ago)
2 brand new tires
6 months rego as of today
Schmick as, except for where I had the disc lock on it and fucking pulled it backwards and it took a chunk out of the muddy :( (I NEVER USE THOSE DAMN THINGS)
$5000

Whaddayas reckon?? Iv done 200ks on it so far and I love it. Not a rattle clunk or hiss to be heard, just noticed the front pads are buggered this morning tho. and the clutch seems like its not fully disengaging when the lever is pulled right in (I can scoot along at walking pace with the clutch in) so ill poke around and fix that.

First thing I did when I got it home last night was rip the ventura rack off it
.. VERY tempting to start pulling things off the front (especially since I think I will pop a knee out across the road if it leans too far to one side!) cant break things if they arent on there!!

I cant believe how much more comfy the seat is compared to the wee little 250, less eye watering on the pot holes. I just have to remember to actually hang onto the bars when I take off..
In all honesty I think it handles better than my mates 06 cbr600rr but I havnt been hammering it yet Id like to enjoy the shinyness before I drop it (touchwood)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/H8_RICE/ALL%20-%20BIKES/zx9r.jpg

BANDITROD
24-04-2008, 01:24 PM
very nice find mate as for the price it seems fair to me as long as your happy with it thats all that matters;)

Billy Bob
24-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Congrats man nice start, have a look at Rods bike or even the JUDGE for insperation.

336LJ
24-04-2008, 02:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

very nice find mate as for the price it seems fair to me as long as your happy with it thats all that matters;)

Yeah I was looking around and most of them sort of started at 5500+ but I was hoping to find something that size for 4000.
He did have 5800 on it and he said 5 is the least he would take. and I saved a few hundred on tires cause he had to get it done for the roadworthy, he paid for rego too.

I could have got a 2000 model for the same price but with twice as many k's and it was a bit rough cosmetically. most the bikes on bikepoint/bikesales etc were around the same price range but the guys selling them sounded like douchebags. I couldnt find anything in my price range at any of the dealers either!

I was kinda stuck to I had no transport! Im sure if I had longer I might be able to find something cheaper but yeah ah well. As long as its not a total rip

I'll be happy just so long as the thing doesnt A. shit itself, or B. get dropped :P

Learnatic
25-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Nice work,looks great.

rod185651
25-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey Luke,
welcome to the family mate, I have a 1996 ZX9R and they make excellent fighters,don't be scared get out the grinder and start cutting mate.
cheers Rod

xb9r
25-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Get that plastic fantastic shit of and hook in mate

miniman1
25-04-2008, 09:20 PM
looks good mate. not a bad price 2. Enjoy!!

336LJ
27-04-2008, 02:55 AM
I'm gonna have to ride around stock as a rock for the next few months. allthough I really want to take all the bits off it so I dont bust them to pieces. its good being able to tuck in and stay warm on the way home from work!. (I practically get hypothermia opening the fridge)

But really... stock doesnt do it for me. So the more I look at this thing the more I want to start takin shit off.

Is there any quick fix, so to speak, in regards to replacing the standard guages?? with something nice n neat,

Anything to look out for, or be prepared for when it comes to makin a fighter out of a zx9?

This things gotta be on the road, its my only transport so I'd like to get things sussed out before I take it apart and have it sitting for weeks at a time.

And I have to finish the 250 and piss that off as soon as I can.

336LJ
27-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Something like this... http://www.motogadget.com/en/frameset.html.

rod185651
27-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Hey Luke,
here is some of the things I have done with my Ninja, hope it helps.
cheers Rod
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9105

336LJ
27-04-2008, 10:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by rod185651

Hey Luke,
here is some of the things I have done with my Ninja, hope it helps.
cheers Rod
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9105

wow, thats f**king mint as.
How much stuff did you actually cut off? I know you replaced the ass end. I was hoping I could get away with the standard one for a while.
I am so reluctant to take a grinder to anything, the whole reason I bought the bike is cause I am sick of registered vehicles sitting under my house for months at a time and I have to bum a lift to work! (something always f**ks up)

How much was that ACEWELL ACE-3963 doohicky?? and did you just zip tie the standard wiring up in a bunch and run wires to all the old plugs to connect it?, what about the standard speedo cable what did ya do with that?

and the bars.. ..so many questions lol sorry

rod185651
27-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks mate I appreciate the compliment.
The buld was achieved with the bike never been taken off the road; however I have been really fortunate to have Ben (Exben)from Extreme Creations do alot of the work. The best advice I can give you is contact Si(Gix11) and become a full member, that way you will have access to discounts not available to non members (Plus many other benefits of being a full member). I bought the acewell dash from Extreme Creations to be honest I can't rember how much I paid. The Acewell dash comes with a speedo sensor so you replace the original speedo cable when you replace the dash unit.
Basically I cut off everything below the blinkers and Ram air, all the plastic behind the fairing I just pulled off. I started grinding one Sunday afternoon and rode to work Monday Morning.
After replacing the original head light and nose cone I estimate the front end is now 15 KG Lighter.
Hope that answers some of your questions and helps you out, good to see another Ninja becoming a fighter.
cheers Rod