PDA

View Full Version : need help with ductail

881052gixxr
21-04-2008, 12:27 AM
hey all..... i am rebuilding a 1988 gsxr 1052.. n i have come to the problem of what sort of ductail i should graft on to the bike... so if anyone has mod a 88 gixxr n knows any tips it would be wicked... also if anyone has any ideas of what would look sweet on the gixxr that would be wicked aswell..

sharky
21-04-2008, 05:38 AM
I find C4 helps the looks of a gixer [}:)]
Most folk find Yamaha parts greatly improve the look of 'em too :D

And Welcome mate....You'll find all the ideas you ned on this site...

21-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Every man and his dog has done the R1\R6 thing.

If you could find a seat unit from the LTD edition 750 I reckon that would look sweet could even be a simple bolt on affair.If ya any good doing ya own mould that would be cool. I've thought about but would rather have some input from another slabby owner.

881052gixxr
21-04-2008, 02:06 PM
thanx guys... i will have a look into it... i only paid $800 for the bike, another 1000cc v-twin engine, carbi for the v-twin engine, a rgv 250 ductail n seats, but no sub frame n all the nuts, bolts, lightbulbs n odds n ends thats needed to rebuild it... the bike had been sitting for 4 years before i spotted it under a mates house covered in dust.. so i got to work cleaning it up changing oil n what not...

low n behold the gixxr started to breathe, but every since that first day there seems to be a problem with the carbs, cause no matter what i do the seem to be leaking fuel into the motor( i did some minig n pull the carbs out to find that out).. but when there is no fuel in the tank n you put fresh fuel in it it has no problems... i have the works shop manual here with me but it really dont help with if its the floats, the jets, the pins or what ever seems to be causeing it... any help would be ace thanx

Pommy Chopper
21-04-2008, 06:33 PM
If you're a sheetmetal fabricator apprentice can't you have a go at making your own?
Or get someone at work to show ya how to do it??
Or get your arse up to me and i'll show ya how to do it!!

881052gixxr
21-04-2008, 10:23 PM
its a bit hard as i have only just moved to brisbane from melbourne.. n i dont have a job at a sheet metal shop... im working at the brissy markets... that would be ace pommy where abouts are ya??

Pommy Chopper
22-04-2008, 05:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by gixxr1052

its a bit hard as i have only just moved to brisbane from melbourne.. n i dont have a job at a sheet metal shop... im working at the brissy markets... that would be ace pommy where abouts are ya??

Caboolture mate, send us a pm!!

Cheers.:D

881052gixxr
23-04-2008, 06:28 PM
i can only email ya mate so i dont know if you got it or not