PDA

View Full Version : exhaust mods

dragskillz
20-04-2008, 12:29 AM
hello to all
i own a gsx 600f 1988 model and im in the prosess of modding the tits off it but iv come to a problum MY EXHAUST
now you see the thing is its ugly
what i wont to to to it is turn it in to a twin but using shorter low level pipes that bing it closer to the belly pan
now dos any one out there have any ideas on how this can be don or have you don it your self??
please let me know thanks[xx(]

Fatgit
20-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I take it your running a 4-1 atm.

What you want is easily doable, but your gonna need some skilled assistance. Know any pipe benders/local exhaust shop types? That's easiest. But exhausts can be created using a collection of bends and straights and a welder. Had a set of Ti headers made up for a 900 made that way, worked a right treat.

You wanna watch heat as the pipe gets closer to the belly pan. Plus the usual issues such as clearance for the oil filter, sump drain bolt, etc.

There was also a thread on here recently about a US company selling collector and joiner pieces for exhaust systems (you know the bits to join all four header pipes into one pipe, that sort of thing. Cheap too) maybe one of the other guys can point out the thread.

There's a guy on here (Karitsu) who's still over your way who could be good for exhaust advice. Check this thread. http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10063