PDA

View Full Version : Bad ride today

336LJ
13-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Well.. after THINKING I had resolved my cooling issues..
I legged it from my house (beaudesert) to mooloolaba.
Temp gauge sat nice and low all the way up.. double checked once I got there.. ooh.. low coolant.. but no leaks on the outside/no milky oil.
Topped it up for the trip home and pulled over at petrie station (on the way to the old mans house)... oh dear.. PSSSt goes the radiator cap.. and out spews foamy water..
let the overflow dribble in to top it back up and push whats left of the foam out so i could check for bubbles with the engine running (yep) and bled the cooling system again.. both valves.. foam.... the thing must have been dry as ! temp guage read otherwise..
Pobably helps to have water around the sender to have an accurate reading of "water temperature"
I cant beleive it got me all that way with only a bit of coolant loss, then the last 40 or so min it just dissapeared real fast.
I suspected the thermostat was sticking (as was suggested)but the coolant flows fine
Got the gf to pick me up with the trailer... no more bike for a while :( hope its only a leaky head gasket and nothing worse!

zx12argh
14-04-2008, 12:49 PM
bugger mate - sucks getting stranded from home - reminds me I'd better chase up my spare key from honda...

Learnatic
14-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Good luck with it,hope it doesnt turn out too bad.

336LJ
14-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah. bit of a pickle considering I dont have reliable transport now [xx(]

Good news is all the fairing and other assorted peices I bought for it turned up today.
So I take that as a sign to stick it under the house, finish it, and sell it . good and bad hey.

Might have ti whip the old pushbike out to get across town so I dont miss my lift to work