PDA

View Full Version : Bar Risers

pappas
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
What is a good height riser for comfortable riding? Would these be to high?
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/67518357518164.jpg

zx12argh
10-04-2008, 01:00 PM
shit buddy - how long is a piece of string... depends on the bars? drag bars/renthals? The bike/seat height... And your riding style as well.

For something compartive check out one of those commercial comfort kits and see what riser height they run. I'm running similar (maybe slightly lower) risers with drag bars and it shits all over clip-ons but its still a bit low. The renthals before that were a lot more comfortable but I ran those with lower risers. I need the extra weight over the front wheel tho so I went to the drag bars :D

I reckon with drag bars that should not be too bad - with high lift renthals you'd almost be up in ape hanger territory. Just mock it up on the bike and see what its like.

NakedTurboBusa
10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
looks about right, pending what bike ? try them........ to high- cut them to low- use taller rise bars or ad spacer

cheers

Pete

fimpBIKES
10-04-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah, they look pretty easy to cut down

i using ones with 25mm rise and flat-bars, loving it heaps more than my old ones with pro-tapers (an inch or so rise) and clamps that were 40mm high

it all depends on the sort of riding u want to do etc

pappas
10-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks fellas, these were on ebay and now there gone....Fuck!

pappas
10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Found em...they were listed under scooters?!?!

pappas
10-04-2008, 01:58 PM
The bike is a 89 Gixxer. I've bought these risers now so I'll play around with the heights.

Tone
10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Same bike,mine are 40mm to centre of bars from top of top yolk.Works for me,no cable hassles just a new piece of braided line from brake master cylinder (thanks Ben).From clip ons to this was a revelation.

kevkatana
11-04-2008, 12:33 AM
If you get them off ebay don't use the bolts. Chinese mini bike shite. Made of cheese.

Gix11
12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
The heght will depend on how far your bars are from the top of the fork legs. If your clip-ons mount on top of the top yoke you'll have that distance to clear, if they are underneath then you don't have to worry. Get yourself the bars you want and then measure the height from the top of the yoke to the bottom of the bars allowing for the fork tops and any preload adjustment spacing necessary and you'll know what size risers you need. If you just make them fit by sliding the forks through, more often than not you'll be rising the front end to make clearance.

Does that make sense, I'm tired....??

pappas
14-04-2008, 10:38 AM
That makes perfect sense, I've got the bars so I'll play around with heights till It feels right.
Wasn't planning on using those bolts anyway! One of them has a shorter thread than the rest! Must have just grabbed anything he could find.