PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my headlight?

JackTar
07-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Hey guys in the process of putting a new headlight unit on my 05 Z1000 do ya think I should keep the original headlight in case I sell the bike one day or just sell it? If sell it how much do ya think I should ask for it(The whole unit including brackets and indicators)?

Iceman
07-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I'll give ya $20 for it.

JackTar
07-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll give YOU $20 to smoke my pole Clint :)

Iceman
07-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I thought you'd get it for free at work sailor boy. rofl

JackTar
07-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I do but you got a pretty mouth so I'd pay for it.

Iceman
07-04-2008, 03:28 PM
[:I]aww you so kind. lol

Seriously though, I say sell it, then re-invest that cash into more mods. I'm not sure what they're worth, but I reckon someone here will snap it up.

streets
07-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Like me!
I'll give you $100 plus post if you want to sell.

BANDITROD
07-04-2008, 06:24 PM
sell sell sell sell sell my boy who the fuck wants standard parts anyway dont let it go to cheap though

JackTar
07-04-2008, 06:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

sell sell sell sell sell my boy who the fuck wants standard parts anyway dont let it go to cheap though

I have got no fucking idea what it is worth big fella.

BANDITROD
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
ring a wreckers and see what they are selling them for and then decide on your price mate thats what i do anyway:D

JackTar
07-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Love the sig mate, we have a shopping centre here called the hyperdome whenever my missus mentions it I say "two men enter one man leaves" she has learnt to not say it.

BANDITROD
07-04-2008, 07:31 PM
i knew you would like it mate

AK47
07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
hah. Good ol hyperdome. aka nappyville!

Gix11
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Did you ever get that unit on Blowie?

336LJ
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by AK47

Its the only place where you can pick up a decent looking MILF, and still be charged for soliciting a minor.

Lucas
08-08-2008, 11:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by AK47

Tuggeranong is the home of the teenage mother, its taking the name away from queanbeyan.

Find the price for the unit new then ask 75% Jacktar.

336LJ
08-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Been wondering the same thing,(original topic) I'v been thinking how I can have the zx9 as a fighter, while pretty much keeping it so it can be returned to stock.

The idea being have everything in a box ready to bolt back on if I have to sell the bike.
My thoughts on this are because I'll never go that radical that I will build a fighter that would be worth more than the stock bike.

I think you'll have to decide. Am I going to put it all back together, or go nuts and keep this thing, and be prepared to throw money at it knowing most of it wont come back (as is normally the case)

If its somewhat of an investment I'd keep everything in the shed, and not go to crazy with a grinder.

I fear this would make one "Soft" in the eyes of true fighterers

jakam04
08-08-2008, 04:09 PM
How about $150 (+ postage) :D

Jarrod

Gix11
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
quote:The idea being have everything in a box ready to bolt back on if I have to sell the bike.
Jarrod, tell him mate!

BANDITROD
08-08-2008, 04:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

quote:The idea being have everything in a box ready to bolt back on if I have to sell the bike.
Jarrod, tell hime mate!
we caged that jarrod up a long time ago didnt we,and now you want to let him out again .........................there goes the neighbourhood:D

jakam04
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

I'v been thinking how I can have the zx9 as a fighter, while pretty much keeping it so it can be returned to stock.

The idea being have everything in a box ready to bolt back on if I have to sell the bike.

I can tell you that I too had the same thought of only doing the mods that will allow me to return my bike back to standard.... I chose to modify my bike as much as I could and be buggered if Id ever sell it. I was once told by a senior Member that a [u]well modified</u> bike could fetch more than the standard version from the right buyer. Once you have gone down the streetfighter road theres no turning back... why would you???

My parts I took off my bike financed the streetfighter parts and other items I needed for the transformation.... go on.... Do it...

Jarrod

BANDITROD
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
well said my man

336LJ
09-08-2008, 05:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

I'v been thinking how I can have the zx9 as a fighter, while pretty much keeping it so it can be returned to stock.

I can tell you that I too had the same thought of only doing the mods that will allow me to return my bike back to standard.... I chose to modify my bike as much as I could and be buggered if Id ever sell it. I was once told by a senior Member that a [u]well modified</u> bike could fetch more than the standard version from the right buyer. Once you have gone down the streetfighter road theres no turning back... why would you???

My parts I took off my bike financed the streetfighter parts and other items I needed for the transformation.... go on.... Do it...

Jarrod

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
Now you got me thinking.. I'll continue to debate (keep it forever) or (be a little bitch and bolt on a flower basket so I can sell it)
I dont imagine I'll ever sell the bike, but things have bitten me in the arse like that before which is why I am reluctant.
I think the over all thoughts on this are, me and the O.P should eat half a bag of cement mix, and harden the fuck up. [8D] haha

jakam04
09-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Good answer mate..... Go Forth and streetfighter.....:D[8D]

J