PDA

View Full Version : gsxr battery location

-Dex-
07-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, after finding a dirty big crack in the underside of my airbox, I cut the bastard out and have ordered pods and a jet kit (well, I havent yet but its on the to do list). I was just wondering if its safe to move the battery up under the tank where the top hump of the airbox usually sits?

Ive checked clearances and there's a good two inches between the underside of the tank and the terminals. I was just going to make up a battery cradle myself and bolt it to the frame with maybe some rubber washers to absorb any vibration. I just thought Id check here first in case Im about to do something stupid. [B)]

Seifer
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Doubt there will be room once you have the pods in. What GSXR is it?

Seifer
07-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Acutually on second thoughts there probably is no reason why you can't. Grab yourself a gel type battery and your shouldnt have any dramas with vibrations.

-Dex-
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Its an 85 model. Ive measured (going off the specs from the unifilter website) and there should be plenty of room.

sharky
07-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Kinda goes against the 'mass centralisation' theories of the big 4...
You want anything heavy down low.

-Dex-
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Thats what I was thinking too sharky. I can quite easily mount it in its original location under the seat but then you can see all the wires and shit coming off it. This way all the wiring is hidden up under the tank and it looks alot cleaner. I guess its only aesthetics though hey.

The crow
07-04-2008, 05:21 PM
i dont know if this is any help but you maby able to do a similar set up to a b12 the battery is in a seperate box mounted behind the air box which allows you to still do the pod thing and have enough clerance havent looked under a gsxr seat in a while but this maby a possability you could buy a under side off a b12 and use what u like from it the battery box runs on a small angle that is equal to the under seat guard . hope u can understant what i mean and of some help half asleep at moment of writeing