PDA

View Full Version : aluminium sales in sydney?

STM77
04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey all, I'm in the process of making up some brackets and I'm after some aluminium plate. Any suggestions for a place around Revesby or Sutherland(work down that way). Thought I'd ask as I'm new to sydney and i don't want to get ripped off by some dogdy place, cheers, stu

04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
How thick you want and what size ? Maybe able to scrounge up a few pieces....I'm Liverpool area but work Bankstown\Revesby\Sutherland and anywhere fucking else the slave driver sends me hahahahaha

STM77
06-04-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm after either 8 or 10 mm thick plate. But it is for new subframe brackets, i read on another post somewhere in here that specific grades are preferable for strength and properties. As its for a subframe mount and will have to big tigged on, i want a decent grade so i can maintain that integrity. Any help would be heaps appreciated, cheers, stu

06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Maybe contact Ben from Extreme Creations. Mind tho if anyone needs some smaller pieces for speed headlight brackets I'\ve got some that I can share out.

Zed14
06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
smarts aluminium are now capral but you can get small or large quantities.

chopaweeza
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll second Smart Aluminium / Capral. They are in Elizabeth St Wetherill Park and are the best place to buy graded aluminium . I work around the corner but as I don't get lunchbreaks as such can't just nick around there .

STM77
30-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys, appriciate you input. I'll try and get out that way. Got to get up to Extreme creations sometime too just to have a speccy and check out what they can do, in saying that it looks like there nothing that those guys can't

30-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Ben is a magician and a bloody great bloke as well

JackTar
01-05-2008, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

Ben is a magician and a bloody great bloke as well

Someone get rid of this post before Ben reads it and can't fit through his shop door.

EXBEN
01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
@ Bladehunter, Cheers Rob
@ JacTar it's ok I got a VERY big door :D
@ STM77, I carry small bits of plate & can even cut out the shapes you want. Otherwise, as the others said try Capral

Gix11
01-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Just out of curiosity, the old Smart Aluminium used to let you buy off cuts and small pieces that they had lying around and it was my lifeline for little brackets and shit, since they became Capral they have all started wearing wank outfits and got attitude and when I asked for the former they said "get fucked, you can only have a sheet". Seeing as how I only needed a piece about 500 x 500 I eneded up having to get a fucking half sheet which was the smallest they sold. Is this the same down there or have they just emplyed total cocks up here?

Fatgit
01-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Coupla places here in ACT still that do offcuts and the like, very handy, but they are more like metal recyclers rather than more retail type metal suppliers.

EXBEN
01-05-2008, 11:19 PM
quote:Gix11 Posted - 01 May 2008 : 13:40:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just out of curiosity, the old Smart Aluminium used to let you buy off cuts and small pieces that they had lying around and it was my lifeline for little brackets and shit, since they became Capral they have all started wearing wank outfits and got attitude and when I asked for the former they said "get fucked, you can only have a sheet". Seeing as how I only needed a piece about 500 x 500 I eneded up having to get a fucking half sheet which was the smallest they sold. Is this the same down there or have they just emplyed total cocks up here?

At my local store they seem to be pretty good & they have plenty of random offcuts at good prices. This may just be old smart stock though, so it could all change.

02-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I work right next to Capral.they will cut to size for you but you'll still pay for at least half a sheet. some people dont take their offcuts with em so Crapal has a small offcut bin,but they'd still rather sell you the whole sheet.fuckin wholesale retail.