PDA

View Full Version : Bike mechanic needed - Nth Melbourne

wackyrider
30-03-2008, 09:40 AM
Just bought an old GPZ600 (from streets) and would like to give it a tune up. Do you know of any mechanics not too far fom Coburg, nth Melboune. I'm ok with doing a regular service, but nothing too complex.

Also, I was at work with the bike a few days ago, when it really pissed down all day, and when i left from work the bike started working on 3 cylinders after a few minutes. Started missing a bit. Tried to feel the pipes near the mufflers to see which cylinder it was, but no go. When I gave it more gas it started to clear up, just fucked at low speed. My thoughts are either a fucked plug or lead, or else crap in the slow running jet in the carbies!!!!

Started the bike the next day after a night in the shed and it's working on al 4 cylinders again, although it is making a squeeking sound when I start it. Stops after a few minutes!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas?????

Cheers
Jules

gibbo
30-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't know any in your area but you could try Drew from rolling motorcycles, he is a mobile service so will come to you. 0414 672 988. Has done work for me before and is a good bloke too.
Tell him Allan from black edge recommended him.

wackyrider
30-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Cheers mate

oldskool
30-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Im a mechanic but Im on the other side of town Highett.

wackyrider
30-03-2008, 01:59 PM
How far is that Oldskool?

oldskool
30-03-2008, 03:59 PM
Highett

streets
03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
The bike is running the cooler (summer) plugs in it right now (7's from memory?). Sounds to me like it's fouling when cold/wet due to the cold plugs. Stick some winter plugs in and the problem will most likely disappear.
Failing that, make sure that the airbox is not full of water!

BTW, Did a grage clean up the other day; I have another set of summer plugs, a clip on that got left behind and a spare KN oil filter still here if you want them.

wackyrider
05-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Cheers Nick, would u be able to post them to me??