PDA

View Full Version : £12,000 worth of Titanium Engineering

HOS
19-03-2008, 04:35 AM
This was the 3rd attempt at the build before they got it right.
Left leg is only 1/2" shorter than me right leg now. All mended for a while :D

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/97508621915609.JPG

Watcha reckon ? Is "fightering" me leg a bit extreme ?? [:p]
Could they have got a pair a Renthals in there somewhere ??
Twin Bates even ? :)

HOS
19-03-2008, 04:38 AM
This was the 1st attempt, a bit OTT on the Ti roofing screws mates ?? :D 110mm x M6s ! Driller tappers [8D]

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/97508621920891.JPG

JackTar
19-03-2008, 06:57 AM
A good bit of incentive for me to stay rubber side down.

zx12argh
19-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Remember its fightered if the fairings are off - run around with your pants off and its all good ;)

My old mans got one of those - but he was 55 when he got his...

Learnatic
19-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Gnarly mate.Hope it goes well for you.

Gix11
19-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Looks like they left a jellyfish in there this time mate. Best go back and get that out.

pt
19-03-2008, 04:55 PM
go easy on it for a while mate, i've seen someone whose bones were a bit too soft and the fucking implant turned most of the femur to chips and dust. was a gnarly Xray to look at. they didn't walk again.

but hey at the same time i've seen someone with one that lasted 13 years and only got replaced cause they took a BIG dive and broke it again!

HOS
19-03-2008, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by pt

go easy on it for a while mate, i've seen someone whose bones were a bit too soft and the fucking implant turned most of the femur to chips and dust. was a gnarly Xray to look at. they didn't walk again.

but hey at the same time i've seen someone with one that lasted 13 years and only got replaced cause they took a BIG dive and broke it again!

I`m gonna enjoy some riding time while I can ;)
These things do`nt last forever and the future options get a bit iffy.

Sets off court metal detectors :D:D:D

HOS
19-03-2008, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Remember its fightered if the fairings are off - run around with your pants off and its all good ;)

My old mans got one of those - but he was 55 when he got his...

Running round with my pants off is NOT GOOD !!!! :([xx(][V]

:D

HOS
19-03-2008, 07:29 PM
The NHS put the 3 long bolts in on the day of the accident, when I nearly checked out whilst still conscious on the operating table.
Because they had to pull me back, the operation was running late and the spinal block was wearing off so when they opened my left thigh up I felt the scalpel.

Anyway, they left me for 3 years with the bolts and a collapsing left femur, to the point of the leg being 1 1/2" shorter and visibly getting shorter every month. Never healed.

So they decided to take the bolts out and then left me like this for another 13 months........

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/11028676235502.JPG

HOS
19-03-2008, 07:43 PM
As the femur was collapsing continually, one of the bolts had bust as you can see.

After 4 years on elbow crutches my body forgot how to walk unaided.
I couldnt walk basically.

They only found out 2 years ago I badly bust my left ankle in the rta nearly 7 years ago.
With spinal contusions under your back protector it would be a fair guess that there was spinal damage yeah ? Well not according to the insurance Co`s expert medical assessors or the NHS it aint !
We got this diagnosed finally 2 years ago through private hospital.

During this time my 20 year marraige went down, my Ltd company was wound up for me. The pigs lied like fuck about the evidence of the car that hit me. The pigs refused to look for the hit and run driver who left me for dead.
The lying bastard and bought expert medical assessors spun their lies to the insurance co.
The debt collectors and bailiffs gathered like bloody sucking lower pond life. Had a few law firms and senior partners up against me.
Dealt with the divorce and the lowlife lawyers. Did most of my own court paperwork.
Dealt with IR who paid me some compo and said sorry.
Dealt with the banks failed attempt to repo my old home.
Coped with my daughter being under a top international neurologist at the time.
Coped with the death of a close family member at the time.

How much do I not trust the lying bent sytem in the UK ??
How much do I hate the pigs with a terrible burning passion ??
Those tossers never met a real pro till they met me :D

Its alright now !!! I won against the odds.
I have a new life, a new woman and a new future :)

HOS
19-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Just remember out there lads...dying is sometimes the easier option when your in a bike smash ;)

sickboy
20-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Bloody hell mate you've been through the wringer,good to hear things are back on track for ya.

zx12argh
20-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Dying is for the soft - glad you are here amongst us. Its people like yourself who keep my life in perspective and show what fighting really is. I'm glad its all coming together for you mate!

Cruisecontrol
20-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Good to see that you did not lose your fighting spirit.
And titanium definitely looks better bolted to bikes than people.

I had a few mods done a year or two back myself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/legx.jpg

Stocky
20-03-2008, 01:28 PM
I've played this game before too....
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/110287905198549.jpg

HOS
20-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Becoming a victim is not an option in my book ;)

Nice to see a few other items of creative engineering !!!!!! [:0]

This kind of shit makes you stronger !! :)

Do I still ride ??? Hell yeah !!!!!!!!!!
Is there anything else on the planet to do ?????? :D

pt
20-03-2008, 08:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Becoming a victim is not an option in my book ;)

Nice to see a few other items of creative engineering !!!!!! [:0]

This kind of shit makes you stronger !! :)

Do I still ride ??? Hell yeah !!!!!!!!!!
Is there anything else on the planet to do ?????? :D

build bikes?(fast ones in your case)[8D]

good to see you made it back from the EPIC fuckup there with your NOF. you certainly beat some long odss!

Fish
20-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Mate you are a fucking legend! actually you are all fucking legends! you bastards just don't say quit do ya? I think you all may have a bit of Sheene blood in you.

Bear
20-03-2008, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bitchfish

Mate you are a fucking legend! actually you are all fucking legends! you bastards just don't say quit do ya? I think you all may have a bit of Sheene blood in you.

Blood oath! You've beaten some serious odds. I reckon you could take on Chuck Norris now. :D

HOS
21-03-2008, 05:15 AM
I was a big lad at the time, 23 1/2 stone but fit with it.

Country road on my 1st Busa, friday afternoon, 10 days after 9/11 thats how I remember it.

Going to see a bike mate at his place, loving the warm sun, cruising on the Busa, banked into a left hander, then a right hander and there it is a Fiat in the middle of the road, nowhere to go, 1/2 a second before impact. I was doing about 50 mph, narrow country road, tree lined, bushes, ditches, you get the picture ? :D
I felt and heared the impact as it hit me, BANG.

It then went a bit surreal, I remember being hit around my head and body with branches and thought "this is it", "this is when I die".

Well I was woken up by the sound of someone groaning and a rustling noise like something in the undergrowth ?
Well the moaning noise was actually me and the rustling noise was a few wildlife come to see if I was dead yet in the ditch where I lay.

Fuck it was hurting, lungs fulla fluid and a big headache !! Lol lol
Under my Busa which was dead, covered in leaves and branches, broken clutch lever sticking in my neck. Well away from the road. Car never stopped and no witnesses. I couldnt move much at all.... fuck ?
What to do you do ? :D I can laugh about it now :)

Managed to lift my Busa up high enough to slide out from underneath it, then I realised I was really hurt when I tried to move my legs and torso. Lay gasping with the effort, lungs couldnt breath.
Took my gloves off, took my lid off and just waited a few minutes, could hear cars nearby, but no way I could get out that deep ditch.

Luckliy I was carrying my mobile phone and it had survived the impact.
Took phone out inner jacket pocket, again I was lucky coz my arms and hands werent badly damaged.
Dailled 999 and asked for an ambuylance on my own mobile phone.
The lady at the other end was cool, she sussed it was dire, I wasnt really there.... lol
Air Ambulance was dispatched, Police, Fire crew, Paramedics too.

But none of them could find me !!! Hell !! Grim Reapers calling me !!! Lol No fuck off Im` not ready !!!

Could hear the air ambulance criss-crossing overhead but it couldnt see me, calling out wasnt an option really was it ??

Eventually I was losing it, sliding back into unconsciousness.
I was unconscious for about 20 minutes after the smash I reckon.
By now an hour had passed and I was sliding away slowly but surely.

That lady on the end of my phone kept shouting at me like a mad woman !!!! She was`nt gonna let me go no sir !!!

By luck again passing patrol car just stopped above my head on an off chance and they found me.

Bodyboard, neck brace, big shot morphine, oxygen mask, brief spinal check, stitches in my arm to stem the bleeding and then they lift me out the ditch after another 20 minutes, the fire crew threw me in the air ambulance and its off to ER. Blood spurting up the windows inside the chopper didnt seem funny at the time.

Operation on same day later that night when I nearly checked out while still conscious on operating table. They couldnt use a "general" as my lungs were full of fluid. Angle grinders, drills and all sorts of power tools in there !!

Was I lucky ?

No.

More than.

It is a total miracle I am still alive here today.
It wasnt my time.

I cheated death big style and I know it ! You do`nt come any fucking closer !

Anyone ever mis-spend their youth on pinball machines ?? :D
Yeah ?
Remember if you were real good you won unlimited free goes ??
Well thats how my life feels to me now, I just won unlimited free goes on the pinball machine.

This is my time now.

HOS
21-03-2008, 05:26 AM
This for me was the ultimate music track way before my accident.
I grew up in the 60s and started biking in the mid 70s.
Sums up my gut feelings, the sound, the scene, the feelings.... late summer in the 70s...

The track has grown more into me since..... anyone from the 70s and biking then will know this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDuYlRs9_Do

Jeez Im` sounding like a fucking hippy there.

suxukifreak
21-03-2008, 08:25 PM
This is my damage from a couple of years ago...

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/31922667174897.jpg

:D;):D;)

-Dex-
22-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Thats a hell of a story there HOS. Fucking glad you're still with us and making the most of it dude. Ive had a few "serious" injuries but nothing like that. Shit, if I ever meet you I'll buy you a beer.

On another note, did they ever find the cunt waste of sperm fiat driver? I bet you'd like a word with him/her hey!

Fatgit
22-03-2008, 09:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

This for me was the ultimate music track way before my accident.
I grew up in the 60s and started biking in the mid 70s.
Sums up my gut feelings, the sound, the scene, the feelings.... late summer in the 70s...

The track has grown more into me since..... anyone from the 70s and biking then will know this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDuYlRs9_Do

Jeez Im` sounding like a fucking hippy there.

Wasn't that the theme song for the movie Bambi?

HOS
22-03-2008, 09:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by -Dex-

Thats a hell of a story there HOS. Fucking glad you're still with us and making the most of it dude. Ive had a few "serious" injuries but nothing like that. Shit, if I ever meet you I'll buy you a beer.

On another note, did they ever find the cunt waste of sperm fiat driver? I bet you'd like a word with him/her hey!

No mate the pigs couldnt be arsed. Never took a writtten statement from me at any stage, they only half completed the accident report.
They lied like fuck about the evidence of the Fiat that hit me... no evidence = no claim, no compo.

They eventually came round my house and sat on my settee to check my totalled Busa was insured and MOTd. Told me as I hadnt died it wasnt serious enough to warrant an investigation.

Me heads a bit fucked now and then, but didnt to too bad all considered :D Took me a while to get me sense of humour back ;)

Just never ever show me a copper ....ever.

-Dex-
22-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Thats fucked. At least you're still kicking though, but yeah, thats a terrible outcome.

Police whinge about the road toll and then dont pursue the fuckheads who cause it. I apprecitae it was a while ago but maybe the local panel beaters might be worth enquiring at. You must want to find them, shit, I want to find them. I cant believe they took off.

HOS
23-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Wanna hear about my bike mate who got knocked off by an unmarked Police car that never stopped ?
Well the filth took 2 bikes down out of a pack of 12 and then fooked off.

Now thats one hell of an ongoing !!!!!!!
You would not fucking believe it !!!!!!!!!!!

My mate is very philosophical about it. He still hasnt recieved any compo from the police who although admiting it was one of theirs, they will not tell him or his Lawyer who the driver was.
Pigs wrote a statement for him and tried and failed to force him into signing it when they put him in the ambulance.

Its been to APCO, Chief Constable of another force, but the pigs will not tell his Lawyer who was driving.

My mate is happy enough they admitted it was one of theirs after a year of fighting them mind you.

Bent bastards.

24-03-2008, 11:33 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/93817970113156.jpg

6 weeks before my 21st I had my femur modded....Ends where the red lines are were overlapping......Sorry to say this but the surgeon got it right first time....Apart from some bone fragments seeping out thru a traction point it's been great for 15 odd years......Gotta keep the thing in cos there's not enough bone density around the break...Doc said 3 months before I could put any weight on it.......Was riding within that time.....

Final score
'81 CB900F Fucked
XF Falcon....front end shoved across 2 inches assumed fucked

oh and a big thumbs up to the 2 coppers for making things right

Another thing....after the surgeon has spent the best part of 12 hours putting your leg back together and having to bring you back he aint gunna be happy when your 1st question is "When can I ride again ?"