PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Hondas!!!

zx12argh
18-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I went for a cruise on my 6 month old Honda VTR 1000 saturday through the twisties past dayboro - had a good time ended up at a servo at the north coast. Killed the bike - fueled up - got a drink - back on the bike to move it away from the bowser.

Nothing. She'd crank but not fire. Shit. Tried a few things; push start, wiggled wires - but with a lack of tools and a reluctance to cut open a bike under warranty had to leave it. Luckily a mate lives at coolum so after a quick phone call, a dodgey servo spring roll and a wait its in the van to his place.

No spark. Everything else seems fine, so I'm guessing the coil died. Its cranking over no probs just not even trying to fire. Back in the van and back to my place. By this stage its late and I'm pissed off because I've missed the lads at Sharky's BBQ. Unload the bike and push it up the driveway - really getting sick of pushing the bike by this stage.

So yesterday called Brisbane Motorcycles "Is the kill switch on?" is their best guess... "Erm... NO!" - so I book it in to get a look over. I'm sitting in the beer garden at home staring at the paper weight that the firestorm has become when a stupid thought comes to mind. Honda's have microchips in their keys... Surely the key hasn't shit itself and isn't deactivating the HISS (honda's integrated security system). Nah thats impossible. That would be stupid.

Got my spare key, stuck it in, turned it. She fired first time.

FUCKING HONDAS!!![}:)]:([V][xx(]

Better get a few spare keys made/programmed before this happens again.[B)]

fimpBIKES
18-03-2008, 12:59 PM
thats fucked,
as if bikes get stolen by hot-wiring anyways...

suxukifreak
18-03-2008, 03:35 PM
The new 1400 have the same drama, when the key gets wet it fucks the barrel up. Thats progress for ya. [:0][:0]

Pommy Chopper
18-03-2008, 03:44 PM
HONDA

Had
One
Never
Do (it)
Again

Cheers'en.

Tony Nitrous
18-03-2008, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

The new 1400 have the same drama, when the key gets wet it fucks the barrel up. Thats progress for ya. [:0][:0]

Some people get the 1400 wet !!!...[:0][:0][:0]...;)

suxukifreak
18-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Only the touring types (harley screens and side boxes) ;)

NakedTurboBusa
18-03-2008, 04:48 PM
My WRX had the same kind of shit!!! didnt help when some cunt, panel beater in ............ repaired it, then stole it 5 days later......... No offence to anyone on this site, they were fucking wog gold chain wearing ass lickers..... Did the dumb cunts think I would not work it out....... police could not do anything...... Left to me???? The NRMA aproved fuck hole shop is closed down now....

However the tricky well funded, spineless slack jaw cum eaters are
trading under a different name, different location.....

all aftermarket and factory fitted electronic anti-theft are a hinderence ( as in this post topic) and are open to 'sell out wanabes', and means 'fuck' unless its convert end-user fitted sat trac, gprs, roaming secure freqs (although there are other options)

sorry for my long winded crap on this topic, but this shit presses my buttons...

Jockney Rebel
18-03-2008, 05:50 PM
just tap an extra sparkplug into the bottom of your tank.you may not get the bike back but he wont nick anymore
oh and remember to disarm it before YOU ride it

BANDITROD
18-03-2008, 06:22 PM
well well well hondas [xx(],kwakas[xx(] they are all the same pete burn them both and buy a suzuki ;):D

damo1
19-03-2008, 05:52 AM
:D:D:D:DThats what you get for buying a VTR:D:D:D:D

BillyWhizz888
19-03-2008, 07:50 AM
GO YONDA ON A HONDA [8D]

COME HOME ON A BUS :D

Fish
19-03-2008, 09:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Some people get the 1400 wet !!!...[:0][:0][:0]...;)

No surely not.... i think is the 1400 getting PEOPLE wet. [:p]

zx12argh
19-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Rod I will say my Suzuki DRZ400 has been the most abused vehicle on this planet and still goes while my mates KTMs and CRFs are over heating... Then again the KTMs go faster... So when I want a reliable sports tractor - I'll buy a suzuki ;)

BANDITROD
19-03-2008, 02:02 PM
good work pete

Funkenfresh
19-03-2008, 10:14 PM
lucky i got rid of my HISS