PDA

View Full Version : SV650 LOWERING LINKS

papa smurf
27-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know where i can source lowering links for an sv6650.
Need them for a customers bike so are they commercially available
or if not who makes them?
Thanks
Rick

Gix11
27-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Crazymofo makes them mate. Give him a shout out. Joe - you there? Try emailing him from the members names mate.

Tony Nitrous
27-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Not the cheapest but Springwood Suzuki have them made up on a regular basis. They have done several SV's and offer a Genuine
low seat option too. (seen 3 done by them recently)
Low Seat, After market dog-bones (links) and pull the folks through the yolks makes the SV a very user friendly bike for short or new riders.

Would be cheaper to get one of the lads to make a set, sure someone on here knows the correct spacing.

Tony.J.

papa smurf
27-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys,
I have heard about the ones that Springwood do.
I forgot to mention that i am the service manager at Caboolture Motorcycles, ( Yamaha & Suzuki)
So going to springwood sin't really an option
Would rather put the money in a members pocket;)

ozkat
27-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Joe will be at the streetbike shootout Rick, so see him about them there, he also has a SV650 so im pretty sure he can help you. The Kawasaki a bit much for you and going to race a SV? :D;)

papa smurf
27-07-2006, 07:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Actually that's not as funny as it sounds.
Turbo nitrous sv650 hmm[8D]
I'll give you a ride on the kwaka one day after you get ya licence & you can see for yourself;)

ozkat
27-07-2006, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

I'll give you a ride on the kwaka one day after you get ya licence & you can see for yourself;)
Your on mate :D

crazymofo
27-07-2006, 10:32 PM
papa, i can cut you a set FOC if ya want. how much you wanna lower it by? i could make some for you, by the shootout event.

and davo, if you read this: got your email, will do as the ones for Jo, early next week. how you wanna collect them? want me to post to Jo??

cheers.joe.

28-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks mate,you can mail them straight to Jo,or send em here and i'll pass em on.Sent her the spare set you made me but the holes are too close by the time she drills em out to suit the 14mm bolts,(and ive adjusted the sizes to suit her vertically challenged height.)She would have asked ya herself but she has a fear of people with similar coloured hair...lol.Thanks again for helping us wannabe's build our dreams Joe,You are the Man.She'll fix ya up at Straightliners with some liquid refreshments @ Davo's Beach House after party.

papa smurf
28-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Thanks Joe, but i don't expect anything foc.
I will pay you as they are for one of my service cutomers.
After seeing her on the bike i'd say it needs to go down a good two inches.
LET ME KNOW A PRICE so i can pass it on.
thanks again
Rick

Gsxar
28-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Big Thanks Crazymofo n Davo ;) I'll email u my addy.
I'm not vertically challanged [:p]( well I am lol but leaving it standard height)long as I can reach tippy toe its all good.
Much appriciated liquid refreshments will be forthcoming at Davo's House of corruption opps sorry beach house lol.
Davo dont be picking on the hair [:p][:p] or we might have to wait till ya pass out lol and dye yours:D