PDA

View Full Version : Chat room Gix11

alfiestorm
15-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I have posted this before but cant fuggin find it.
Every one is busy with the AFR and I would assume most of the hard work is done by now chortle chortle.

Anyway how about getting a chat room thing going for payed up members, so they can take the piss,argue and general banter in real time with perhaps a side menu that you can play music from ala
sf-mcc site.
I think it would be good thing to have.

Opinions please good or bad.

Something to get ya teeth into Gix as if you ain't got enough anyway :D

Jockney Rebel
15-03-2008, 07:23 AM
good idea ....

sharky
15-03-2008, 07:47 AM
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and ..............[u]NO</u> :(
I hate bullshit 'chatrooms'...Pick up the fookin phone if you wanna chat.....:(
These days with 'included calls' and 'prepay international cards' its dirt cheap.

Seifer
15-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Agreed with sharky. Get an msn messenger account.

Zed14
15-03-2008, 07:45 PM
fuck off you idiot. get yourself a bitch if ya wanna chat. if ya wanna build a bike then start a topic. chat room what a fucking tosser.

Bear
15-03-2008, 09:48 PM
Frig! Harsh words for an honest and open question.

If you don't like them, don't use them. I can't see the harm.

Zed14
16-03-2008, 07:10 AM
they take up too much room and we need more photo's.

alfiestorm
16-03-2008, 10:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO and ..............[u]NO</u> :(
I hate bullshit 'chatrooms'...Pick up the fookin phone if you wanna chat.....:(
These days with 'included calls' and 'prepay international cards' its dirt cheap.

A closed chat room only for full members.
You cant have anymore than two people on the phone unless you want to pay for conference calling.

alfiestorm
16-03-2008, 10:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

fuck off you idiot. get yourself a bitch if ya wanna chat. if ya wanna build a bike then start a topic. chat room what a fucking tosser.

A typical rexie reply good boy.
Now go and play nicely with your truck

Zed14
17-03-2008, 11:07 AM
you dont need a chat room to talk to ur self, now fuk off

gibbo
17-03-2008, 11:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Rexie

you dont need a chat room to talk to ur self, now fuk off
REXIE, the new Chalkie[:0]

KATO ZX7
17-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh Rexie, i detect that somebody needs a hug [}:)]:D

Gix11
17-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Sharky showed me this at his place over the weekend. I really can't see the major benefit of a chat room and the bandwidth it will use on the website server. These chat rooms seem to be populated by people who are bored out of their skulls talking about what they had for breakfast and although there is a community spirit in here I don't want to soften the main principal of the site by turning it into a social website for people who are stuck in the house and bored shitless. Surely Messenger, facebook, myspace blah blah blah is available for that sort of thing? If you want a group conference call then probably best to assign a time once a night to log into Messenger and whoever wants in can just join in. This will keep the server less stressed and keep the costs down.

As for Rexie barking at Stu and vice versa, they're big and ugly enough to realise it's just a bait and if they're getting off on it, all well and good, just don't take up too much space with it, ok? ....and no I don't want "he started it" replies.

Cruisecontrol
17-03-2008, 02:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/internetfight.gif

alfiestorm
17-03-2008, 03:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Sharky showed me this at his place over the weekend. I really can't see the major benefit of a chat room and the bandwidth it will use on the website server. These chat rooms seem to be populated by people who are bored out of their skulls talking about what they had for breakfast and although there is a community spirit in here I don't want to soften the main principal of the site by turning it into a social website for people who are stuck in the house and bored shitless. Surely Messenger, facebook, myspace blah blah blah is available for that sort of thing? If you want a group conference call then probably best to assign a time once a night to log into Messenger and whoever wants in can just join in. This will keep the server less stressed and keep the costs down.

As for Rexie barking at Stu and vice versa, they're big and ugly enough to realise it's just a bait and if they're getting off on it, all well and good, just don't take up too much space with it, ok? ....and no I don't want "he started it" replies.

Fair enough boss.

Rexie I am going to stay around and just keep haunting you and keep ya blood boiling, oh and did you go play with your truck like a good little boy or did you break in a temper?

Gix11
17-03-2008, 03:06 PM
That's more bait mate. Leave the bait. Ok? Cheers Stu.

alfiestorm
17-03-2008, 03:14 PM
bugga been caught again. ok

Zed14
17-03-2008, 06:42 PM
im always playing with my truck, my blood dont boil, i can keep this flowing as long mas ur here

motogp_nut
17-03-2008, 06:54 PM
If there's anyone who doesn't use MSN because they don't want to install it, there's an online version you can use:

http://webmessenger.msn.com/

If anyone gives a shit. :)

sharky
17-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Nope [:o)]

Gix11
18-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Actually, yea I do. Cheers Larissa. That Messenger shit takes over everything and is one big advertsing campaign that's why I didn't load it. Handy to know for my UK conference calls. Cheers.

Matt
18-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah chat rooms are gay. stick to msn chat if you wanna do that.

latheboy
20-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Sorry to correct you Matt but you spell it GHEY