PDA

View Full Version : Fuck'n rip off banks!

Iceman
13-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm pissed off!

I won a streetfighter tail on ebay on the 20th of Jan. It was located in Austria and was dirt cheap. Once I finally got hold of the seller, (who was away for a week when the auction ended), he tells me he didn't realise he'd have to post it to Australia so the worldwide postage the quote would be doubled.

I was still happy with the price so I agreed to pay the double postage. Turns out he doesn't have paypal so I have to do an international money transfer which has a $30 fee. OK the price is working it's way up now but it's still cheaper than I can get it here for. I send him the cash.

A week or so later I get and email saying it's too big to post and will have to be freighted at extra cost. The extra cost being 12 times more than the postage I had already payed.

I try afew other ways to get it here, but none that work out financail viable. We decide to cancel the transaction and he was to give me a refund.

As if I wasn't dissapointed enough already, but by the time the money gets into my account I only get one third of what I originally paid.

I just got off the phone with the bank, who contacted the treasury on my behalf. They say that the transaction went through several banks and they all took their fees out that's all I'm entitled to.

So it has taken me seven weeks to reduce my money by two thirds and not have any parts to show for it.
FUCKING RIP OFF CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

fimpBIKES
13-03-2008, 03:58 PM
that is bullshit

have you put in a complaint with ebay?
if the cost was more than he put in the auction then the seller should have paid whatever it cost to get it here, as far as i know australia is still classified as been a part of the "world" [XX(]

how much was he talking for frieght?
my tail cost 60euro to frieght over here (on the slow-boat)

Iceman
13-03-2008, 04:27 PM
closer to 300 euro total

Seifer
13-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah, shouldnt be anymore than a fiddy or sixty. A box and some stuffing is all it needs. Its a bloody joke if ya ask me. He just couldnt be assed.

alfiestorm
13-03-2008, 05:15 PM
For those that can look at the link below ok click on the link below :D.
I am going back to the uk on the 20th March and soon after will be able to start playing pass the parcel

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9075

Iceman
13-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I think in future I will be asking for fellow ASF members to lend a hand.

_M_
13-03-2008, 05:22 PM
300 euros ~ $780 and you can get dozen 20kg boxes from some parts of euro (germany), whats happened to you is a joke.

Brodie
13-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Im ready to go and bomb some banks, today i wanted to just get hold of my local branch and it took me an hour of talkign to some fucking arsehole on the other end trying to sell me shit, then telling me that i had to be hooked up for telephone banking and get a password and so what.

In the end I hung up and rang back and said that my sister worked in my lcoal bank and her husbdand had had an major accidnet and i needed to get through now or there was gonna be trouble.

He still went on and in the end i had to put on the biggest performance and he just put me through but not befoer i had cried death and mayhem.

He also informed me that the national bank has now put its fees up for using non NAb atm's from $1-50 to $2 and I should sign up for a cheap account fees account which was $14 a month.

WTF.

I think this guy sounds like he is a lazy arse shit, but as for not getting your money back, i wouldnt be so sure that the banks took it all for doing ABSOLOUTELY NOTHING.

In fact thats the only thing I would bank on lol.

BillyWhizz888
13-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Write and complain to e-gay you cant lose anything for trying

Jockney Rebel
13-03-2008, 06:44 PM
i dont use my NAB account anymore as their charges are bollox ..dont like banks anyway
ive got 5 international accounts and the worst ones are in the uk but heres what the rest are like:
Deutsche bank: no worries except, you pay fees and this reduces your account balance [emptied mine ]

ABM AMRO[dutch acc] reckon i dont have an account, yet ive got a card and cheque book in front of me with 200Guilders [dunno what that is in euros] in it

Nationwide[uk] will only give me a replacment card if i go get it in person !!!

last but not least the "world " bank

HSBC: this bank has branchs all over the world yet its a performance to transfer my account from london to here

good news tho the little Bendigo bank here in ettalong has been brilliant

Weaselman
13-03-2008, 08:48 PM
DEFCREDIT mate!

and if your a civvie go to a credit union. Fuck the banks

Jay_G
13-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Defcredit, where they hand out loans like lollies :)