PDA

View Full Version : still in bother ? could do with some more advise,,

TheBogyman
11-03-2008, 10:22 AM
this bandits more bother than its worth, she aint been going right on no2 ccylinder since i rebuild her, checked out the resistance on the coils, both fine, spark there but,,,hard too tell if it good enough, was leaving here up to the garage to get her checked b4 a dyno run,and jetting on friday, but yesterday she refused to start, not a spark,fucked about in blind panic.... come rage, and after removing the cdi unit and unpluging pluging the relays in, checked saftey switchs, she decides too fire up again, this time on all cylinders except no4, it looks like a cdi unit the way she has switched cylinders,,, but how likely is that, any of you guys had one go just sitting about, i had a guy advised me to check out earthing after the frame was podwer coated, so i run another earth strap from the engine too the frame, and made sure the engine one was clean, that was a wasted exercise, ill probly get a second hand cdi from fleebay too try, so will keep you posted, in the meantime, some sujections would be a help,,,cheers from across the pond here in wet, stormy north ireland,,,where petrol is now over £1.08 a liter,,,,

alfiestorm
11-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I had a similar thing happen to a bandit I was working on that had been sitting for ages and mt mate wanted me to get it running. It turned out to be nothing wrong with electrical components just dirty/corroded connections in the plugs. It took about 4 hours to strip and clean every electrical connection I could find but it ran perfectly after that and still is to this day not saying thats your problem but it sounds very similar to the one i fixed so could be worth a try.

As for fuel it's all relative to what you earn and it is not much better here, the price of petrol can change three times a week here up as well as down and the fuckers get away with it.

Hope you get the bandit sorted what pubs/clubs do you use over there.I used to use the harland and wolfe welders club a fair bit and used to shoot off to Hollywood for the crack sometimes when I was working in NI

TheBogyman
12-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Dont go up that far,i'm up on the north coast, just a few hedges between me and America mate, just about the windiest please on gods earth, bushmills disterilly, giants casueway are only a few miles away, the northwest 200, is probly better know in terms of biking no-wheres,,,if your going this year,,then we can catch a few beers,,have you re-located back too the UK yet mate,,??

alfiestorm
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Back in the uk on the 21st of March.
I have done the Bushmills distillery tour and got roped into doing the whiskey tasting. I have a certificate declaring that I am an official bushmills distillery whiskey taster :)went on to the causway after that which was a bit sketchy after the whiskey tasting but man what a place and thank fug the water level rose to keep the mad scotts men out :D.

Not sure about doing the 200 yet as got to get settled back in Portsmouth and all that.

Any luck with the Bandit yet ?

TheBogyman
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
no luck yet, reason would have one believe, if it was going fine before the build, and it was only an engine paint job, then it should go now, but panic is setting in, as it did spend two days on the wiring, loosing shit i didnt need like hazard lights, then there was the alarm i removed??? was that the problem, i did clean all the connectors, but allas no better, i have ordered a second hand cdi unit from fleebay, so hopefully that will elimate that, if it not, then i can flog it again, fingers crossed thats it, if not then the pickups next, if thats not it, then the wireing loom will have to be changed, to a standard loom, and start from scrach again,,,keep in touch,,,

Benz
14-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I had the same bullshit problem, misfiring on various cylinders, then wouldn't run. Buy some new plugcaps, and see if that helps. There is a spring, resistor and contacts inside the cap that , over time, get rusty, and spark slowly gets worse, until there is not enough grunt in the coil to get through the crap.
Might not be your problem, but for 20 bux, its prolly worth a shot.........

TheBogyman
14-03-2008, 05:51 PM
cheers benz, ill look at that tomorrow,,,,working nights,,,

Hagarr
14-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I bought a Bandit a couple of months ago which had been sitting for quite a while. Pulled the carb's apart and found some crud and cleaned them out but no luck still ran on 3. Started it up No2 pipe as cold as but if you took it for a ride and got above 4500rpm it would go onto 4 cylinders. Got told by a mate of mines son who is a bike mechanic he used to put injector cleaner into the tank on bikes that came in running a bit fluffy off idle. I put 1 x bottle of injector cleaner in and rode it for a bit and nothing happened still the same. Went back and bought a different brand and filled the tank and left for a couple of days and Voila runs like a fucking dream. AHEM that was the good part now I have a tank that leaks like fuck obviously the injector cleaner took the lining off he inside of the tank so beware. But it goes like fuck now Yippppeee!!!!

TheBogyman
20-03-2008, 07:41 AM
for those of you guys who have followed this thread, got her sorted, there was a broken wire to one of the coils, white one on one and four cylinders,,,,thank fuck for that, so onwards and upwards, hopefully next week should she her on the road, got the can sorted, got a custom one made up, ill post some pics when i get a chance,,,