PDA

View Full Version : Lights for rego in NSW

Bear
10-03-2008, 10:00 PM
What headlight arrangement does one need to have working on their bike to obtain a rego pass in NSW?

I'm assuming that a low beam headlight tis enough but I fear that one may need high beam and a parking light. Tis this true or false?
:)

Seifer
11-03-2008, 06:25 AM
If its your pink slip then take it to the dodgiest car mechanic you can find. He wont even look twice at ur lights.

fimpBIKES
11-03-2008, 06:43 AM
yeah, like siefer said

you are meant to have an on-with-ignition low-beam
AND parking light (fuck knows why?!!?!? actually, some older bikes can have a switchable low-beam like a car but park light should always be on)

not sure if legally you NEED a high-beam but they always get you to flash it at rego so???

BANDITROD
11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
in vic you need all that you stated so im assuming it would be same elsewhere but like the guys said just go to the dodgyest looking joint you can find and go from there

hooligan
11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

yeah, like siefer said

you are meant to have an on-with-ignition low-beam
AND parking light (fuck knows why?!!?!? actually, some older bikes can have a switchable low-beam like a car but park light should always be on)

not sure if legally you NEED a high-beam but they always get you to flash it at rego so???

You need high and low beam, but they don't need to be hardwired on.
With your stacked light set up bear you could just use one for low beam and both for high beam. Go to a car mechanic for a pink slip, as long as it looks right, you should be ok.
I don't have a parking light, and i passed my pink slip.

fimpBIKES
11-03-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah, its a retarded rule

perhaps it doesnt matter now, does the fazer light have a little parking bulb in it mr hooli?

chopaweeza
11-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Legally you need the following lights. Headlight with Park/Low/High beam , a Tail Light with a standard tail bulb and a brake light , blinkers that are more than 300mm apart and for instruments you need a backing light , Hi Beam and brake light. The headlight , tail light(s) and the blinkers have to have an "E" stamp if the bike is less than 12 years old in order for them to be legal. An "E" stamp like E11 is a European compliance number stating that it complies to the relevant European standard for that part and as European Standards for those parts are the same as Australian thats why they insist on the parts being E stamped.

pt
11-03-2008, 07:59 PM
my bike didn't have a parking light as standard? and it's a 1997 model so not 12 years old YET[:p] a few bikes don't have a park light (just hardwired low beam?

when mine gets tested its low, high, tail, brake (Front and rear brakes) and indicators.:) oh and i guess the dash too

Cruisecontrol
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
When I got my bike re-rego'd I had to get a blue slip, pink slip and an RTA inspection and all I needed was a high and low beam.

My last inspection I went to a bike friendly garage and told him I had no high beam and he just said it was working when he saw it. Job done...

Bear
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks peeples. :)

hooligan
12-03-2008, 02:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

does the fazer light have a little parking bulb in it mr hooli?

Yes it does mr fimp. Although it's broken.

chopaweeza
12-03-2008, 06:04 PM
But , Bike friendly garages that Blue or Pink slip are getting harder to come by . That simple . And the number of Jack Booted Arseholes is ever increasing . The more knowledgable we are about these rules the harder it is for them to fuck us up . With bikes that have a hard wired headlight they are still required to have a Parker Light even though there is no actual need for it as you can't dim your light . If the bike has a hard wired headlight they generally ignore the Parker on Pink , Blue and RTA Pit Inspections. If you are getting the bike Engineered they usually insist on it and everything else as well.

12-03-2008, 06:56 PM
My german headlight unit came with an engineering cert.I cant fuckin read German,but the little E stamps on my lens's an globes give me confidence should any Cuntstable question my roarworthy status.