PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy mercury, carb sync tool

Jay_G
06-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I just won a motion pro carb sync tool on e-bay now i need to get some mercury for it. where do you get it? i only need a small bottle. if anyone knew of somewhere in Newcastle that would be even better.

DaveK5
06-03-2008, 06:06 PM
LOL..Mercury is illegal..well sort of..even if you could buy it you aren't allowed to transport it without dangerous goods clearance.
If you really need some(and I didn't tell you to do this ;))buy a large mercury switch (honeywell make em)and break it...they are sealed so they can't leak...these have em.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honeywell-PRESSURETROL-mercury-switch-x-2_W0QQitemZ290209487287QQcmdZViewItem

But for fucks sake read about the dangers of and how to handle mercury first...or you'll end up as mad as a hatter [xx(]

Jay_G
06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
cheers dude, yeh i know mercury is bad shit, going to look up the msds at work before cracking them open so i can find the right gloves. from memory the vapor is bad too

sharky
06-03-2008, 07:58 PM
Too right it is mate. Thats how 'mad hatters' got their name. They used to use mercury to cure skins for hats.

07-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I use sheep blood in mine (but i'm not like most people).Similar density,and if ya spill it the dog cleans it up for ya.

Jay_G
07-03-2008, 06:55 PM
ooook then...... managed to locate a bloke on another forum who just so happened to have a peanut butter jar full of the stuff in his shed :) said he would kindly donate some.

i will remember the blood thing if i ever eat to much of the mercury and run out.

oldskool
09-03-2008, 02:41 PM
you can get them from MCS ask at your local bike shop